Gateway Drug?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by VariationTokes, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Do you think cannabis is a gateway drug? If so why do you think that? obviously it isn't but I am wanting to hear your opinions.

2. Does smoking cannabis make you do other drugs..no. Does smoking cannibis make you want to do other drugs.. likely. Gateway is a retarded ambiguous term.

I like how you immediately invalidate others opinions before they even answer too.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Nah no way. I know people who consume other drugs as well but it's not because of cannabis it's because they do extensive research and practice safe drug use with 'safe' drugs.

4. No. As a matter of fact, weed helped me get away from other drugs. I could not handle the other drugs so i just smoke weed now. I consider it medicine. Peer pressure got me into other drugs.

• Like Like x 2
  5. There may be two senses in which it could be considered a gateway drug.

1. People start using cannabis to patch a void in their life and go on to look for more potent forms of denial.

2. People who smoke marijuana and discover everything they were told is bullshit, so they might assume propoganda about other drugs is also bullshit and give them a try

• Like Like x 4
  6. #6 ohdamnitssam, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2016
    Definitely not
    I smoke weed almost everyday for the past 2 years and I have not done any other drugs I know my limits

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  7. In my opinion not even close, I agree with Norse that people try weed and it's fun but they move on, THC wasn't for them, just like I use to drink just when I went out but alcohol was just not for me, people are who they are and THC has always been medicine for me, so I just think it's not a gateway drug, people might try it but eventually go to something that suits them better.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I think they've got a point with gateway drug but only where it's illegal. Smoking weed can lead you to meet some strange people who often enough use other drugs. That doesn't mean you take em though

• Like Like x 1
  9. In my case, i have been smoking (fairly lightly) for 7 years and have never been drunk nor used any other 'drug'. I guess the hallway to the gate is long

• Like Like x 3
  10. #10 OldTokerChick, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    I believe some people use weed as an excuse to try other drugs and/or when they have to explain themselves for their behavior while on other drugs. For me, weed is a gateway.... to my fridge and couch. Let the flood gates open.

• Like Like x 2
  11. new research shows its actually an exit drug - it help with opiate addiction

• Like Like x 3
  12. I think it depends on how you get your weed. Getting weed in a coffee shop is easy. I wouldn't know where to find cocaine or heroin in my city. Meth doesn't really exist around here.

Given that getting hard drugs is difficult and risky, and soft drugs are easy to get. I'd say weed is not a gateway drug.
    Xtc is probably more of a gateway drug, because it requires finding a dealer instead of a coffee shop

13. Not necessarily. Usually it's the first drug people start with because of it being the easiest to obtain, and I'll admit to have dabbled in various drugs BUT when it comes to those hard unmentionables that ruin peoples lives, I've had multiple opportunities to use and I've gladly turned them down.

I'm strictly Marijuana and Alcohol and all thinga natural. I got a kid so I can't be fucking around with all that manufactured stuff.

14. Yeah it can be. Alcohol is a bigger/worse gateway drug though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Exactly, many have ruin their lives with so called "safe", definitely "legal",liquor.

• Like Like x 2
  16. There really is only one gateway drug we all know what it is . Tobacco is for many the first they tried (and still can't break the habit) very few have never done cigs before pot or before drink.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I drink craft beer and smoke weed. Never smoked cigarettes/tobacco. Never had a desire to even try any other drug.

• Like Like x 2
  18. :thankyou: this proves my point without doing the evil Tobacco (which really should be made into a shed 1 drug right with those other nasty drugs) This person had no Desire to try any other bad drugs can I get a amen..:weed:

19. Are cheeseburgers a gateway to obesity? Ponder that for a minute.

You may say "Well it depends how they eat it, how much they eat, who they are, their metabolism, their personality, too many factors to consider." Now replace cheeseburger with weed. Same thing. Answer? Not likely.

Also, if anything is the gateway drug.... It's alcohol or cigarettes. ;) How many people ACTUALLY start with cannabis? Vast majority take their first puff of a cig. And just as many take their first sip of alcohol before trying weed.

I personally have smoked weed for 6 years now. I have 0 desire to try ANY other drug, and NEVER have even considered it once. Not even slightly. I've even been offered a few occasions and strongly declined. I don't even drink alcohol - I always refuse. And even the time I don't refuse, I take a sip and then hate it more. LOL! I hate alcohol PERSONALLY..... And cigs.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Well people tend to say this because teenagers hang out at parties and they get peer pressured to do other substances. It depends on who you hang out, I've been smoking for 6 years on and off now and I've only smoked weed.

• Like Like x 1