Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Gastrointestinal Bloating Associated with Cannabis Use?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by AudiblyWobblyBroccoli, Aug 16, 2019.

1. So I’ve been a regular toker for a couple of years, and I’ve started noticing that since I’ve been regularly using concentrates (more recently), I have a lot of gastrointestinal bloating. Medical tests are all normal, and I don’t exhibit the typical symptoms of C.H.S. I went out of town for 4 days, and did not partake for all 4 days. Symptoms seemed to subside, and when I got back, I smoked some flower, and everything was good. Once I started back on the concentrates (less than 2 days), the bloating has returned. I can’t pinpoint it to anything else, but I was curious if anyone else has dealt with the same situation?

2. That's odd, ive been going thru somethibg similar, only add vomitting... This never happened years ago.

I dont want it to be cannabinoid hypermesis, i almost dont believe it, then again, whos to say these seed banks arent hooked up with the big business and somethings up with these gmo seeds these days and what they produce.... Maybe a select few of us are getting sick, forcing us to go to doctors and get prescribed chemicals...

Sent from my Z965 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. I sure hope they dont slightly change something so it indeed does make a small percentage of the masses sick, merely in order to make money off our doctor visitd and creating more complications via pills

4. If anyone else has been experiencing bloating with the use of concentrates they haven't been talking about it here.

5. I'm thinking it's diet related, though I have suspected weed of causing me sickness before. Weed could potentially cause stress which leads to upset stomach.

6. Maybe it is diet related, maybe concentrates have been giving you the super munchies and you're eating so much you feel bloated. I know sometimes I get so full it's hard to keep eating. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The GI tract is affected by cannabis. I wouldn't be surprised if massive amounts of THC can cause issues for some. My 2 pesos: If you are consuming massive amounts, get your tolerance under control, and go easy from there. Concentrates are a losing game, unless one limits the dose and frequency. Of course, disregard, if consuming for medical reasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. #8 hardrokker, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Many users have noted for decades, if they smoke regularly that eating when not high becomes less enjoyable.

Agreed probably diet related that cannabis aggravates and likely a more personal condition. As one of the few here that is not a daily smoker, smoking weed modestly negatively affects my digestive system during following t-break periods. Of course while high and for several hours afterward it has a strong positive effect on the tract that people refer to as "The Munchies". On following days it is though my digestive system neurons due to its complex chemical feedback systems due to depleted neurotransmitters and consequent effects, have swung in the opposite negative direction that takes a few days to return to more balanced normal levels. Usual symptoms are slight reduction in hunger at meal times, eating smaller quantities, less pleasure eating, and a familiar subtle constant gut feeling I don't like but cannot describe that takes 3 days to go away. That does have a somewhat "bloating" sensation. My digestion times after eating tend to be normal. By day 4 of a t-break it isn't very noticeable.

Today is my t-break day #4 and again my gut feels reasonably normal, Yeah! I'll be smoking again Sunday evening on t-break day 7 when I attend the Rolling Stones concert at Levi Stadium during which I'll be trying to reach the most high possible with an 84% THC Super Lemon Haze Sativa vape pen in the 15 minutes or so just before the band comes out. That is the longest t-break I've had over the last 3 months so is going to be extra special.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I know it’s not diet related, since during my trip out of town, my diet didn’t change. I still had the same things I would normally eat, and if anything, it was probably worse since I did eat out a few times (I NEVER eat fast food or go out to eat at home). I don’t generally get the munchies with the strains that I consume either, so I know it’s more than likely not diet related.

I thought it was because of the sheer potency and strength of concentrates, and since I was going through about a gram ever 2-3 days, maybe the THC was slowing down my GI a lot. I know THC can cause slowing of certain bodily functions. OR, maybe since I use a box mod and vape coil for my wax, it could be excessive air intake into the gut? I know when I smoke flower, it doesn’t feel as if I’m sucking in as much air

10. Are your concentrates alcohol based?
    190 does not sit well on the tummmy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. It’s shatter, but I’m not sure of the extraction method. I can always ask the place I get it from though. I imagine they use CO2, but I’m not incredibly savvy on which method is easier, cheaper, etc. I just know the differences between the different types of extracts!

12. Use an Ayurvedic herbal called Trikatu. It reduces bloating and works synergistically with the herb. It is a combination of black pepper, long pepper and ginger v

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Interesting. I take 5g of Ashwagandha each morning currently, but I can see the benefits to taking Trikatu. Sounds like something I need for some of the other ailments I deal with!

14. The vomiting definitely sounds like it could be CHS unfortunately. Do you find relief when you take a very hot shower?

15. Rather curl up in a ball under the blankets. Soumd advice though!

Reminds me of some cases, a depressed person.

Easier to say 'i hate my life' everday, than it is for them to change it.

Ah the human psyche

16. Yes I have had this. It’s a form of CHS unfortunately. You don’t have to have all the symptoms of CHS to have it. For example
    I had the bloating and acid reflux but not vomiting as many people have. I’m making another post about my experience.

17. CHS is fucking real. Currently dealing with it. No relief.

18. Is it possible that neem oil and maybe other pesticide can cause this? This is absolutely real and I know if effects many. When I was working a pot shop and first heard about this, a coworker was so adamant it was caused by farms using neem oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. The only cure is to quit.
    I’m thinking it is caused by farms that use neem oil. Because I had to quit 7 days ago and I’m not smoking again until my organics are done growing. I was having all the symptoms of CHS besides the hot showers. I feel better every day away from weed unfortunately. If my symptoms return from smoking my organic weed I will never smoke again or be heard from here again.

20. Oh and the CHS had me so sick that I lost 30 pounds in about a month before I finally quit marijuana. It could also be from me abusing the plant. I literally would smoke every chance I got it was like I forgot how to be sober. And anytime I was sober I would get CHS. When I go back to smoking I will make damn sure it’s organic and that I don’t abuse it