Gas Prices

Discussion in 'General' started by davoplot, Jun 7, 2008.

1. What in the shit is up with gas prices....
    Its 145.6 out here now and out in America its like 345.0 or something.

Do you think that this is gonna grow to be a big impact on the economy?

why is it getting so high?

2. is that per ltr? i live in scotland and it is like £1.40-£1.50 per ltr and rising!!

3. Yeah it's over $4.20 (haha) per gallon by me. Everyone's pissed off about it, and it's only going to get much worse.

4. Its about $3.99 here, just went down a few from $4.07 (cheapest grade).

I shoulda got into the oil buisness, I could be happily sitting on my what...3 billion dollar profit last year..lol.

5. It's $3.80 here!! and I drive a damn avalanche so no riding around for me lol!!

6. 4.05 here costs me sometimes over 90 a week to fill up my big ass f150

7. Stop whining. You don't know how good you've had it (and still have it). Talk about your 'awful gas prices' with any Brit and they'll roll their eyes so far back in their skull they'll get stuck.

8. payin 5.15 for diesel...

9. $3.96 at the Walmart

$4.00 - $4.10 everywhere else.

10. I just saw it at 4.33 for reg at the station right up the street from my house. It sucks, hardcore.

11. $4.45 per gallon for regular unleaded

Rediculous.

12. You can pay like $2000 to get that converter thing that makes your vehicle run off of grease. You can go to McDonald's or any place like that and they would be more than happy to give it to you. Then again, your whip will smell like a rolling greasy hamburger.

13. ( My Edit button isn't working. Sorry :( )

I KNEW you would say that. I about shit my pants when I found out your gas prices awhile back. I understand. :p Crazy.

14. 2 weeks ago 3.99
    today 4.29

wtf?

15. All I know is when I invest in a car, I'm gonna get a hybird. Sure, I'll be paying it off longer, but idc.

3.99 here. Thank god I don't have to drive like, 30 miles to school everyday. Just a mile to work and back.

16. You say it like such a bad thing heh.

But seriously, gas is like 4.15 in my state and it is sad. The price of a barrel of oil just hit an all-time high today at like $138. The entire country needs to stop purchasing gas on one certain day. Imagine the billions of dollars these oil companies would lose if such an act occurred. I know people tried to do it on Facebook and all, but it needs to be a nationally advertised event. Almost like the biggest chain letter in the world.

17. Haha yeah man its pretty nuts. About 119p per litre (~10.7$ per gallon) for petrol and 134p per litre (~12$ per gallon) for diesel at the last petrol station I was at.

18. 2324 years from now.

2008 was the year that the cadillac escalade and other SUV's went extinct.
    Little did they know oil was not a renuable resource.

19. hahahahhaa

20. No one's taken up the why so I'll try. In a word, America. Bu$h fucked up the international arena and that includes oil. You can also look at companies like Exxon-Mobile, which has posted some $10-billion+ per quarter the last two or so years. Why are we paying ever-increasing prices while the oil companies -- er, the execs -- pull in multi-billion-dollar bonuses year after year? In addition, more and more countries are starting to trade oil for currencies *other* than the failing US dollar; this impacts the world's oil market.