Gas Prices

Discussion in 'General' started by Schad3nfreude, Mar 1, 2013.

1. #21 letsmokeasweet, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013

and that would be so great. if i was making min wage i would love a rise
    but the problem is

if a company is paying 10 guys at lets say $8 an hour
    he is paying $80 per hr for his labor

if he has to increase that to $9 an hr
    he ends up paying 90hr for his labor

WHERE IS HE GOING TO GET THAT EXTRA $10 AN HR
    or at 8 hrs a day an extra $80 a day????
    sure some of it comes out of his pocket

but the goverment is going to be getting even more mony from the guy because he has to pay more taxes because he is paying his employees more money

he will probaly pass most of the cost on to the consumers...and then we will se prices for everything rise because the cost of selling that item has just risen

remember back a few years ago when our gas prices hit $4 a gallon the first time. shipping cost increased, as a result foods cost increeased....remember how stuff was so much cheaper back in the day? you cn deny it all you want...but cheaper gas had a small role in that

2. wow....if this is really true, ur freind found a way to beat the man

3. Raising min wage is good for those that are already working for peanuts, but you're right. If anything, work will become harder to come by and jobs will become more selective and demanding even though they are pretty much the same jobs. Understaffing will become rampant and the tension between consumer and employee will worsen adding to unnecessary stress. Also who knows exactly the responsibilities that will be placed on an employee that may or may not be able to handle them just further fueling issues. Not that I'm against the raise for fair wages, but if it were to happen now; the implications may be worse than if they were to happen at a later time.

:smoke:

4. It's not that super difficult either from his explanation of it to me. It's harder to drive around gathering the used oil from fast food restaurants than it is to actually render and store his fuel. A lot of info online about it too.

:smoke:

5. wow cali is getting raped. I'm over here complaining about 4.38 for super

6. Well yeah... How can you afford a place to live when the commute to work takes up all your income

7. My car requires 91 octane and above so I think I payed like 7.39 dollars a gallon for 110 octane the other day... O' the wonderful life of an engineer!

8. Right wing commies are the problem...

9. it's $4.33 for premium in my neighborhood in good ole SoCali ;)

10. Last time I noticed I think it was about $3.60 here in denver

11. It's about 4.50 in Chicago premium at shell. Off I80 it's about 4.29 tho

12. 4.90 a gallon here in Ontario today

13. Canada prices don't count. They are in Canadian moneys

14. Here in MN where im at the gas is at 3.69 it needs to get down to 2.99

15. The day gas goes back to 299- or less i will cut my balls off and eat em... Its not happening

Sent from my iPhone 5S using GC Forum.

16. Canadian money is the same or higher now

17. Alternative fuels are starting to gain some traction around my area. I know of a few people who have switched the fuel in their vehicles. Has anyone in your area switched to biodiesel?