Gary Johnson for President 2012

Discussion in 'Politics' started by major doobage, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Everyone on this forum should vote for Gary Johnson. Instead of choosing the "lesser of two evils", why not vote for someone who you would actually like to have as a president? Don't think of it as "wasting your vote". We have to start somewhere in getting rid of the tyranny of the 2 party system; it is a progression. Voting for Gary Johnson is the rational choice for all weed smokers. Upon getting elected, HE WOULD LEGALIZE MARIJUANA IMMEDIATELY AND PARDON ALL NON-VIOLENT MARIJUANA OFFENSES! In addition to legalizing cannabis, he would end the war on drugs.
    Libertarianism is a mix of the best parts of Republican and Democratic ideologies: socially liberal and economically conservative. It truly is the best of both worlds.
    You can make a difference in Johnson's campaign by volunteering through his website HERE

You can help him be a part of the National Televised Debates by signing this Petition on Change.org

AND by emailing these polls and requesting that they add Gary (in order for him to be eligible for the Presidential Debates, he must get 15% in the polls but that's not possible if he isn't an option in the polls)
    info@pewresearch.org
    service@nationaljournal.com
    wsjcontact@dowjones.com

The 3 biggest things you can do to support Gary are:
    1. Vote for him in the polls to help him secure spot in debates
    2. Vote for him in the actual election
    3. SPREAD THE WORD!!!

2. There's a few more reasons to vote for Johnson other than for weed.

3. I like Gary Johnson a lot. I love Ron Paul though.

4. If Ron Paul won't run as an independent/libertarian than Gary has my vote.

5. Absolutely there are:
    1. He will slash government expenditures and balance the budget.
    2. He will audit the federal reserve.
    3. He will cut taxes and abolish the IRS.
    4. He will give Americans back their Constitutionally guaranteed civil liberties by repealing the Patriot Act, scaling down the TSA, and by being completely neutral on personal beliefs (allow abortion, gay marriage, etc. because it is not the government's business to be intruding)
    The list goes on...

Gary Johnson takes a rational and common-sense approach to government; he gets shit done right. Look at his track record during his 8 year stint as Governor of NM- he not only balanced the budget, but left NM with a surplus. Also, he created 20,000 jobs. The people of NM loved him; he was re-elected with a 55%-45% majority despite a 2-1 Democrat majority

I am trying to start a grassroots movement to spread the word about Gary Johnson 2012. If you feel as strongly about this as I do, please do everything you can to get his name out there.

The immediate goal is to help him reach 15% in the national polls so that he can participate in the televised debates. If he can take the stage with Obama and Romney, it would really go a long way in informing the public about this great candidate and party. As Johnson said, most people in this country are social liberals and fiscal conservatives, so voting libertarian is a great choice for everyone.

6. Paul can't run as a libertarian Gary Johnson took the nomination and he won't run as an independant

7. Or you know, continue to support Ron Paul, who, despite what the media says still has a chance. Especially with the Lawsuits Romney is facing.

Gary is a good man but he has less than 0% chance of winning.

8. Gary Johnson has a better chance than Ron Paul at this point. For a Ron Paul supporter you sound a lot like the people who will be voting Obamney because they are the "only ones with a real chance of winning". Let people vote for who they think is best, because that's the only way real change can happen, and it's what you are supposed to do when voting.

9. Hell no.

A vote for paul or johnson is a vote for the right thing.

Paul has a better chance in my opinion. Id cut off my dick before voting for Romney or Obama.

10. If Gary gets a podium, there will be more people voting for him then ever. count on it

11. Im not trying to downplay Johnson at all, dont get me wrong.

In my opinion him or Paul would make an excellent President, cuz either is a vote for the direction of liberty.

As it stands, I believe Paul has better odds, but shoukd Gary get a strong showing, Id happily vote for him.

The problem is splitting the vote, if theyre both a step in the right direction, everyone who supports liberty should coordinate on one, to get the message across, splitting our vote between two men, who while both could do the job, would hinder us in the end.

12. Paul needs to just endorse Gary Johnson

13. It's not possible to split the votes because Ron Paul isn't going to be on the ballot. The only liberty candidate on the ballot will be Johnson. I'll be writing in Ron Paul, but I have my own reasons for doing it. I like Johnson a lot, but I don't believe in the system in general, so my Ron Paul vote is the same as just not voting at all.

14. How can you be so sure?

Sure corruption is running rampant and there has been proven voter fraud.

But this is the first time theyve been caught in the act, and Romney is backed into a mighty sharp corner with the lawsuits against him.

Now true, the establishemnt can probably still get their way and squash Paul, but what good does giving up hope do?

To convince yourself you have lost is to lose.

15. I'm just being real. Sorry but Paul's run is over. No amount of hope is going to change that. It's time to move forward.

16. Im not saying hope can change it, Im saying hope is better than hopelessnes, if only to make yourself feel better.

17. I am hopeful, just not about Dr. Paul's chances. I'm hopeful about liberty. Ron Paul has reignited the fire of liberty in the hearts of the people. I'm hopeful that it will spread. I'm hopeful that it will rise like a tidal wave and cleanse this once great nation of the parasites of statism and collectivism. I'm hopeful that we will, someday, once again be a beacon of freedom that will light the way for others to follow. I'm hopeful that one day we will be highly respected as a nation of prosperity and peace, instead of being hated as an imperialist bully of the world.

18. There's widespread corruption in national voting? Sources?

If that's the case no amount of effort would change anything if the winner is pre picked,

But about this Gary dude, what exactly is he going to be cutting, what taxes are getting lowered, what's being done with corporate tax?

How exactly is he going to replace the patriot act? Surely intelligence gathering has helped prevent attacks, but I fucking hate that the patriot act is used by the DEA on drug dealers, it has nothing to do with potential terrorist attacks!

The point I'm trying to get at, is if he has explained exactly how he's going to go about implementing his policies?

19. Replace the patriot act with nothing. We don't need a law that says the Feds\LEO can break the Constitution to enforce laws. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land put in place to protect "we the ppl" from tyranny. The Patriot Act is tyranny.
    \rant.

20. The Economy and Taxes