Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Garlic jar

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by afgooitouch, Aug 17, 2012.

1. #1 afgooitouch, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    Picked up an eigth and I only have one jar with bud already in it so I cleaned out a garlic jar and washed it with soap and it didnt smell like to much like garlic and I put my sour d in there now my bud just smells like garlic mostly? Will it be ok to smoke :-(

2. dont sleep like garlic? i didnt now garlic sleeps.

3. lol did you really think it wouldnt smell like garlic?

do you even realize how strong of a smell garlic is?

IDk man, i never had this problem and i doubt anyone else has had there bud turn into a garlic smell. just try it out man.

4. Next time wash it out with warm soap and water. Then let it sit in a sink filled with water and a small amount of bleach. Then let it air dry. If that doesn't work you may have to do it more than once. I'm sure your weed will be fine to smoke, but if you want to get rid of the garlic smell try putting it in a sandwich baggie inside of some Tupperware lined with dryer sheets or something to at least help neutralize it.

5. Sorry ... My phone spell checked

6. I agree with everything besides your solution to neutralize the smell.

Do NOT put buds anywhere near dryer sheets. They have toxic chemicals that shouldn't be inhaled. They won't neutralize the odor, they will only cause the buds to smell like garlic and dryer sheets.

And no, a player of plastic isn't good enough to protect the buds. Plastic is porous, so it let's stuff through. More layers just slow down this rate, but never stops it.

OP, just smoke the stuff. It'll be fine. Just won't smell pleasant. Not sure if you'll taste it or not.

7. I'll put a cupcake in yer eye.

8. Just sayin'. Dryer sheets are bad news. I'd be a little nervous about using them for sploofs for long periods of time to be honest.

9. this is how i usually clean jars i find/need

-wash the jar with soap and hot/warm water
    -boil a pot of water, high enough to surround the entire jar or 3/4th of it. stick the jar in the boiling water for 5-10 minutes, to kill germs/mold
    -let it cool down and pour a good amount of rubbing alcohol in it, close, and shake well. drain it and let it air out.

10. Well thank you for sharing newcomer!