Gardening!

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by BeyondIndigo32, Apr 11, 2011.

1. My other half and I moved into a new rented place last year, and the garden was a mess when we moved in. Now, with spring well and truly under way, we've started the process of clearing and planting. Our landlords have said they do not mind what we do to the garden so we've taken them at their word. The garden is pretty odd looking...it has a winding path down the middle which ends at the door into the alley behind, just in front of which is a rose arch with climbing roses growing on it. It's a small garden but we have a number of mature trees including a holly tree, so it feels almost like a secluded woodland. There are two large flower beds either side of the path, which are semi circular. We've planted them up with:

* Foxgloves
    * Campanulas
    * Sanpdragons
    * A mixture of violas and pansies in shades of yellow and purple (sooo pretty!)

Three random bushes have also sprang up. They're budding and the buds look like roses but there are no thorns and the leaves are not like rose leaves *scratches head* anyway they're very pretty. They were growing at random but we've moved them towards
    the back of the borders and they appear to be settling in their new spots.

Is anyone else planting at the moment? Please post descriptions and pictures! I will try to find my camera so I can post some pics. I reckon my flower garden will be a nice little smoking spot when it's all done.

2. I'll probably be doing planting come May/early June. Right now it's too early (cold and frozen ground) to do anything. We plant a pretty big garden though. So I'll have to rent a rototiller and dig up the ground again.

As for what we'll be planting, not sure yet. Pumpkins, Squash, Zucchini, Tomatoes, and Cucumbers for sure. Everything else is decided by what sounds good when we're buying seeds.

3. Just prepared a vegetable garden (and strawberries). Got asparagus, corn, green beans...pretty basic lol. My dad picked the vegetables though. I'm a landscape horticulture major in school so my parents have me redoing the front landscape. Going to put in some hydrangeas (not sure which species), that's all I know so far haha. Should probably get on it