Gardeners Swamp Grow 2009!!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by gardener, Apr 16, 2009.

1. #61 Vader Haze, Jun 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2009
    Im not completely sure I understand how this works but Hey Ill go with it!

It just seems like the plants would drown if theyre always submerged in water. Maybe Im too high right now. Ill have to come back to this. LOL

Also how much direct sun do they get a day?

Good Luck!

2. Had to see it to believe! Hope you don't have moisture issues in fall. I'm hoping you can harvest some dank, for your efforts.

3. hey thanks for the kind words. i too dont how exactly how it works but i got the idea from a few random sites on the web, its hard to find but everything i read about wetlands and said plants can grow real tall. The 3 biggest have roots that must stretch down pretty deeep into the swamp so i know the plants will be ok. they would have drowned a long time ago so i think im good. im just pumped that they grew 2 feet in a month and a half, and im not even having good weather. with july and august still to come i think they have a great chance of being large. thanks again guys.

4. I just figured that if hydro plants can grow indoors with no soil, just water and those ball things. then mine should do even better with the nutrient soil and swamp water.

the plants vary cuz its dense swamp so it depends how close they are to a tree. the biggest and second biggest actually dont get all that much direct sun maybe 7 or 8 hours. the rest of the time its still bright but the sun is being filtered through the trees.

5. But the reason HYDRO works is cause they use air and constant water onto the roots. Swamp water is going to just give you alot of rot issues.

However if you could find a spot thats high like 4-5 feet from water it might be fine, or maybe even 3? i dunno!

I thought same thing a few days ago and then was like.. Wait this would not work.

Hope that helps mate!

6. well no rot issues yet. im not the first to make swamp tubes. ill keep my fingers crossed because so far i have no reason to think it wont work.

7. I think it is going to work.

8. lets hope it will work! +rep for this unique grow...

9. i measured my 3 biggest plants today. the big guy is 2 feet 7inches. and other two are 2 foot 3 inches. as i said theyve been out since about may 1st so i think growing over two feet in a month and a half considering how crappy new england weather is untill july is pretty good.

10. Dude were almost like growing twins.

I grow in a swamp and you grow in a swamp( mines a different method though)

I live in NE, and you live in NE

I started may 1st, you started may 1st

I grow organic, and you grow organic

And mine are about 2 ft tall and yours are 2 feet tall

Hahah

11. #71 Swat, Jun 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
    Mine are next to a swamp, same state, organic too....

12. Hi Buddy,
    I was just thinking. Swamps being so lively with critters, maybe a nice layer of diatomaceous earth spread around your stems might be a good insurance against crawling uglies. Keep up the good work.
    Cardinal

13. yeah animals are always a huge concern for me. i have lots of bottles filled with my pee every where lol but i have been thinking about getting something a little better.

....So ive been reading alot about topping off plants. with my big guys well over 2 feet and not too leafy, does anyone think i should top them off soon or just let them get as big as possible?

14. yeah snip off the top most growth so she can grow 2 main colas:smoke:

15. im nervous about cutting my babies! so i just take clean scissors and cut the top off of the plant?

[​IMG]

16. yeah thats exactly where you snip. maybe a few cm below the red line but you got the point. just snip the newest stem growth for topping. fimming you have to snip off about 50% of the new leaves growth. i would just stick wit topping though. but yeah you just snip that top part off and in a few days you should see the 2 new stems growing..

17. Go for it Gardener! Fim away.
    I just fimmed a few the other day to see what would happen. What are you expecting? I´m not sure it will be any different from just normally pinching out your growing tip. Many swear by it though, so we will see.

18. hmm not sure what im expecting. im thinking about letting it grow a bit taller, its still early enough in the season. prolly closer to 4 feet then ill trim them. with good weather hopefully around the corner after this next week of rain i would like them to get some 80 degree weather for a while.

19. hows the other new englanders handling this crazy amount of rain? So far so good for me, they havent grown much taller and a few of the leaves some a little soft and are hanging over a little bit, but nothing serious. they still look very healthy too thats the best part.

[​IMG]

20. Ya my plants arent really growing with all the rain either but there still green and healthy