Garden Trellis

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by kahgknow, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Hey everyone I am going to be doing an outdoor garden in the spring and I am trying to get some cheap trellises. I am willing to buy a cheap one or if anybody has any good ideas on making one for cheap that would be great too.

2. depending on the plant, it may grow great up a tree or bush
    otherwise, bamboo is commonplace cheap trellis, articularly if it can grow in your climate
    another option, particularly for pole beans and such is either corn thats had the chance to grow a bit larger than the beans before planting them or what some people do is pound two tall stakes into the ground, tie a tight string between them, and then hang strings down from that to the plants, and let them grow up the wtring or twine
    also, multi-purpose trellising is a good idea, like a fence being used for trellising or the wired cage you have for a compost pile, or the chicken wire around the chicken coop, stuff like that

3. At your local big box store, you can get:

Masonry ladder - this can be bent into an archway, even, with some support
    Folding fence: use tin snips to take them into thirds or fourths, and zip ties to complete
    If you have a ton of room, a section of livestock fencing makes a great trellis.