Garden Lime vs Dolomite Lime Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by A Gram A Day, Jul 4, 2011.

1. #1 A Gram A Day, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2011
    So my plant has a calcium deficiency. I go to Lowes to pick up some Dolomite Lime but picked up Garden Lime instead and didn't realize it until I got home.:rolleyes: Is Garden Lime ok or should I go back and get Dolomite Lime?

Thanks

Edit: Here is a picture of what is in it. Looks low in magnesium.

[​IMG]

2. Anybody? Lowes closes in about 30 minutes so I need to know if this will do or not.

Thanks

3. If indeed you have a calcium deficiency then the lime you got will work just fine. The 2% Mg isn't as much as dolomite, but you can use Epsom Salts if you need Mg.

chunk

4. Darn just took it back. I'll go pick it up again tomorrow. I believe it is a calcium deficiency but I'm not 100% sure. You seem like you know what you are doing. If you have time would you mind checking out my sick plant thread and tell me what you think it is?

http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/850992-help-please-pics.html

Thanks

5. ^^^^^^ THAT ^^^^^^ +rep for chunk!

Either one of those limes will work just fine, dolo or calcitic. The important thing is to use it and add it to your mix before use in the future.

*I* use 2tbl/gallon of mix, or 1cup/cf of mix. It is the second ingredient right after I measure out the peat moss.

Wet