Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Garden Forum

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Big Poppa Puff, Jul 8, 2003.

1. While surfing the other day I founf myself on a regular gardening forum. You know, flowers, birds, grass mowing etc. They had a forum on hydroponics so I had to check it out. Lo and behold, someone made a post that said "Can you grow marijuan in a hydroponic system?" There were about 5 replies that all said "LOL, you have got to be kidding with that question."

Can you grow MJ hydro ..... What a newbie....

2. everyone's gotta learn somehow.... he's just visiting the wrong forum.... :)

3. I'm currently growing in soil. Is hydroponics difficult for a novice grower? Am I better off to stick with growing in soil or should I switch to Hydro? What are the benefits of Hydro? I have heard weed tastes better grown out of soil, so why the big fuss about hydro? Any help much appreciated. PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. My old man is virtually self sufficient all year in vegetable and fruit using hydroponics and other indoor grow techniques.

It's amazing what you can do.

Pete, Hydro to Soil is a personal preference. IMHO hydroponics produce a slightly better yield but a slightly less 'clear' taste.

As a local semi-commercial grower once said..."hydro for the customers but it's soil for my stash".

You have to dabble with both to really see which you prefer.

5. So I guess soil is the preferred way to go. If your searching for quality that is.That's what I thought , thanks for the input!PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. we'll...i've known Hydro to be very good quality, its all about the personal preference m8, you can do just as good if not better with hydro, depending on your personal skills.

7. hydro is quicker, bigger yield, stronger buzz, but it can be harsh if not properly flushed. AND you can grow 24/7/365.

8. I like the part about higher yield. About how much higher on average , would you say?

9. Actually, it depends if some one is growing a monster plant outside im talking 18 feet or bigger compared to a 4 foot hydro plant the 18 footer is goin to be the choose. However, hydro is used for small spaces many scrog or sog growers use it. Think about it would u rather have a bunch of pots that are hard to water at full fledged flowering or would you rather have a bunch of plants in a container where you just add ferts and such. The taste however depends on how its grown, if grown outdoor the taste can be shit or it can be some of the best weed also depends on the strain too, when you have a hydro you can kill your plant very quickly by over ferting it. Hydro and Outdoor each have there advantages and disadvantages.

10. I'll stick to the soil!!!