garage and grow tent...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by mochenmat, Nov 27, 2012.

1. so i have two tents in my garage (veg/flower) and my question is since i have the tents do i need to keep my garage clean-room/grow room clean? or can i keep it garage like (well a very clean compared to most)? Reason i ask is a buddy of mine (that grows commercially) came by to look at my setup and said i need to keep my garage strictly a grow room and can't have any non grow essentials inside the garage (i have normal garage stuff like car jacks,tools, unplugged fridge, stereo, and misc stuff).
    Is he completely over reacting or should i follow his word? shit made me feel like a dirt bag when pointed out all shit shit :/

Thanks for your input...

2. If others can see it they will ask eventually "Why do you have tents in here?" plus with the doors opening you will have to worry about smell in flowering getting out. If you do it right you can grow in the garage without anyone the wiser. Personally Could you put up a small floating wall room then put the tents inside there? This usually works better for many reasons from smell,climate control,venting standpoint plus you can always just say it is storage then.

3. since the garage never opens i don't have to worry about people seeing the tents. i have a carbon filter for the smell. im not really worried about being stealth but more worried about being "healthy" for the plants thats kind of why i went the tent route.

4. I would keep the garage clean. I have a 4'x8' tent that I split in half in my unfinished basement. You may want to be mindful of dust, dirt, insects and errant vapors. But I wouldnt think that the whole garage needs to be ICU clean. I put filter media on my passive intake to keep the unwanted thing out.

My 2€

Sent from my ADR6400L using GC Forum