ganja and epilepsy>a good mix?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Redeye_Jedi, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Hey,i suffer from epilepsy,im lucky enough to have only had 3 fits my whole life, i hav'nt had 1 now for 3 years so touch wood for me an i might not have more.
    i heard from a fellow toker not so long ago that he had read somwhere that ganja was actually beneficial for sufferers, something to do with slowing things down in the head.
    Now i was just wondering if any1 has any ideas if this is true, i wud be grateful if u get back to me.Also i wud appreciate it if there was any other sufferers that could let me know how they find ganja effects them and there eppilepsy.
    I was smoking before diagnosis and will continue to till i see "fit" so really im just after some info.(sorry if the lil joke at the offends u,its just "if u dont laugh bout it,u'l cry"
    cheers ppl,

3. Well thats just what i wanted to hear m8,now i got a good excuse.lol
    So i wonder if i can come off my medication and get some
    primo green on the nhs.hmm i doubt it :p

4. I don't know any 'official' results from any kind of studies or anything, but when I was in H.S. there was this girl who was epileptic. She had about 3 seizures a year. But in her soph. year, she started toking. She made it through the rest of her soph. year, and the rest of her HS years were seizure free.

5. hmm.. i had a siezure once... and then twice again when i went to the hospital that night. but, i haven't had a siezure since.. i don't think i can say it was because of herb

6. hi.the people who have epilepsy can smoke ganja?? ;O it's not dangerous?
    p.s sorry my english so bad ;)

7. Start reading! :D

Epilepsy patients are smoking pot
    ASA : Medical marijuana

Experiences with THC-treatment in children and adolescents
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports

Chronic administration of cannabidiol to healthy volunteers and epileptic patients.

Anticonvulsant nature of marihuana smoking.

Cannabis may help epileptics
    Cannabis may help epileptics

Hypnotic and Antiepileptic Effects of Cannabidiol
    medical marijuana, medical marijuana canada, compassion club, medical cannabis, medical marijuana vancouver - Hypnotic and Antiepileptic Effects of Cannabidiol

Marijuana: an effective antiepileptic treatment in partial epilepsy?

Marijuana and Epilepsy (anecdotal)
    Marihuana and Epilepsy by Tim and Pattie Shellman

Therapeutic Aspects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids
    ROBSON: Br J Psychiatry, Volume 178().February 2001.107-115

Treatment with CBD in oily solution of drug-resistant paediatric epilepsies.

Marijuana Use More Prevalent With Epilepsy
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/465891

Endocannabinoids and Their Implications for Epilepsy
    Endocannabinoids and Their Implications for Epilepsy

These are all from "Granny Storm Crow's list". The links are below.

Grasscity Deals Near You