Gangs In La

Discussion in 'General' started by bahookahjoe18, Jun 11, 2013.

1. And I thought only celebrities lived in Hollywood

2. Hollywood proper is a shithole, NOBODY lives there.  A couple up in North Hollywood, but most are in Beverly Hills, Rancho Palos Verdes, Mid-City Wilshire, etc.

3. dude no reason to be scared, if you're obviously scared, they're going to take advantage. i'm also white and i've spent loads of time in "the hood". and when i say the hood, i mean like chillin with gang members, smokin in the projects and running from the cops. my best advice is: ALWAYS BE RESPECTFUL! that's all anyone wants, even gang members. just be respectful and don't be walking around flashing a bunch of cash or high end electronics and you'll be good.

4. Stay at the beach. Any of the beach cities are ok. Wonder across the Blvd and you're open game.
    I'd beware more of pick pockets and scammers than gangs.
    I remember when Inglewood was a white neighborhood.

5. most of south central used to be black, now even they're afraid of all the mexican bangers

6. those crazy fuckin salvadoreans too

7. If you are a red haired freckled face whiteboy, you can wear whatever color you want and nobody will bother you for it. If you look cholo or like a thug, and you have a red or blue bandana in south central L.A., you better watch your step. Same for watts or compton or inglewood or pomona. Just dress like a tourist. Wear an "I love venice beach" t-shirt.  Smoke a joint on the beach if you wish, just stay away from the boardwalk. Go out by the ocean to smoke. And keep an eye out for the foot patrol LAPD. Since Venice is a pot smoking hub of L.A., they may ignore it or just tell you not to smoke (as long as you are trying to keep it on the down low). And when other pot smokers smell it, they may approach you and ask you for a hit. Have fun! Hollywood is another pot smoking community. Dispensaries all over the place in that area. And there are local 420 groups on meetup.com. Enjoy what we have to offer. Good luck.

8. im heading out to the pier today actually, yea the strips and piers are mostly filled with tourists so don't worry about that

9. I love the Pier in Santa Monica, have been going there since i was a kid in the 70's.  I take my daughter there all the time, I used to work in Santa Monica and met my wife at YE Olde Kings Head.  

I've lived here over half of my 42 years, the places to stay away from are South Central (now called just "South LA), Compton, Inglewood, etc.  Basically just stay west of Downtown you should be fine.  There's nothing remotely interesting touristy anyway.  

However Venice should be avoided at night.  Not the beach/boardwalk mind you, the area of Venice outside of Abbot-Kinney.

I had more interactions with gangs when I lived in San Diego TBH.  And they were always cool with us cause we shared our beers.  

10. If you say suwooop its a way of letting gangs know your just a law abiding citizen and don't want any problems

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Grasscity Mobile Forum app

11. #32 Luc1fER, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
    keep watching your movies in the suburbs bro.

Op venice is not gang territory, Its more for tourists but Yes at night it does get a lil weird. I Would go to santa Monica if it was me. Venice is kinda played out. Cool for an hour or two but gets boring.

Your not gunna get Jumped for wearing a wrong color t-shirt. Maybe 15 years ago you Would but that shit has died down now. You got bloods kickking with crips. Lol shit is dumb.

Just watch your ass and dont be a sucker. Have fun, try visiting san diego as Well, a alot nicer, less gangs better beaches. Cali is kinda like NYC. Its not made for everyone.

12. Walking on eggshells is no way to go through life, my friend.