Gang Bangin...

Discussion in 'General' started by KeepSmokinReefa, Oct 12, 2006.

1. It baffles me the ignorance some people have.

This guy made me create this thread.

Fresca.

He wrote
    What is wrong with people.

For the last time, Gang Banging isnt cool.

I hate talkin about this shit on here.

Because its so controversial.

But its jus redicoulous how people come at me.

Yall dont know me.

See, Heres a little history lesson.

Where i grew up, Southwest Detroit with all the Suereno's and MS13 and Cash Flow's. It aient about killing people and shit.

Gang bangin has always been about the movement. Since day one when the first Folk Nation set formed.

Theres unwritten rules. Whats yours, Is your folks. You got a phone, Its all your homies phones. Same goes with most everything. Help your people out. Goes back to the old saying about cook a guy a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a guy how to fish and he eats for life. Help your people out, Its always been about us coming together as a community and trying to rise to the top.

Theres been many mistakes made, But were not perfect.

Dont come at me and see that ive gang banged so im sone ignorant uneducated street thug. Cuz your wrong.

Every generation in my family its been about having your kids grow up better then you. Ive grown up 100 X better then my pops.

My lil girl, She aient gon struggle like ive struggled.

Im on my way to the top, And i aient forgot who my family is, That includes my folks.

Thas the movement boy, Dont come at gang bangin as some killin dumb ass shit. Come at it as the movement.

2. well said.

yeah, truthfully now-a-days these young-ins think its "cool" to bang because of the dipset purple byrd gang, and all the blood and crip lyrics in rap.

These kids dont understand that the whole reason bangin began was so kids that had it real rough, and had a horrible situation @ home and w/ the family or whatever it may be. They were just looking for somewhere where they belong, may it be the latin kings,bloods,crips,ms13, or whatever the crew is.

They just wanted to feel safe, and loved... no matter who theyre comrades were. They looked out for each other, but now-a-days it seems like kids are walkin around wit flags in their back pockets repping their set are just a bunch of bitch ass'es that cant fight fair so they need their boys to stomp people out.

Everyone needs somewhere they belong, even if it is a ruthless street crew.

3. Ignorance is bliss. You cant let those jackass's, who try to act hard on the keyboard, while their mommy asks them to clean their rooms, bring you down KSR.

Good luck with everything man.

:hello:eric:hello:

4. I gotta hit up that thread and neg rep that motherfucker man. disrespect. i ain't got nothin to say, i don't bang. i have friends that do, but they know they can count on me too. don't need to wear rags to be boys. then again, my living situation could be worse, i aint in the projects like some of them.

5. hell yeah man. im tired of these lil fuckin fake ass thugs out there that cop a pair of baggy jeans, put on a bandana and watch rap videos and think they are gangsta and shit. it just pisses me off. most of these kids do it to be cool and shit. (btw i dont gang bang)

6. anybody got probs with my homie got it with me..its straight mane..

you the shit ksr..

7. word up.

if a dude wanna fight my boy one vs. one its whatevers,ill watch my boy beat the dude's ass.

But when people squad up i get into it and i dont give a fuck. Beef wit my crew is beef wit me.

and no, i dont bang but i have alot of friends that i would kill someone for.

8. I see where your coming from only cause I've seen your posts on here-

But honestly, what do you expect people to think when you say your part of a gang? I mean yea gangs had a different purpose at one point- but you CANNOT deny that gangs perpetuate violence now-a-days, they go together. Now I'm not saying all gangs are like that but not everyone can be an exception to the rule.

I've even seen you say something like some guy who was wearing the wrong color or something on your street and you chased him off or something like that, You even mention how your adult ed class has people from all diff. gangs and you try to avoid doing anything that may get you noticed so nothing goes down.

Really what image of gangs are you trying to say is the true image? Were not living in the past, we are living in today- personally I find gangs intimidating, alot of people in them HAVE criminal records, alot of people in them ARE prone to violence, and most ARE uneducated.

Is there a pattern here???

Yes criminals exist in everyday society, violent people are around in society, and uneducated people are around as well- but they do not all come together and hang out as a gang.

EDIT:: I'm not trying to rag on anyone or put anyone down but people seem way to supportive of gangs man

9. man for real, if anyone got to know you, theyd know a nice person like i do.. not claiming to know you or anything, but i know you enough to say your a good person and fuck the stupid hater.

10. Im confused. I mean yeah that guy said something stupid. and yeah there's a lot more to gangs than just murdering ppl. But u don't need to be in a gang to help your ppl out, is all I'm saying. It may seem like the easy way out, but I don't see what's so easy about it...except the fact that respect is gained by joining up automatically. Making your life seem easier bc you can then have a crew and u all back each other up and help each other out. That's power, that's unity, but while some of those values that go into being part of a gang may be good, it is a false sense of security and respect that u gain when u join. Based on violence, and crime, and other bad shit. A lot of gangs, I've heard require some sort of initiation, sometimes rape, theft are asked of the newb. WhileI see your point, KSR, and it is a good one, gang membership is simply unjustifiable, in my eyes, for the most part. There are many reasons to join I know, and I probably would too if thought I had too, but there are better options, imo.

And I don't see much good coming from the movement, as a whole...gangs are terrible psychologically, culturally. They keep ppl down and out is what they do....Exactly the opposite of the goal. Bc they reinforce so many negatives...

11. yeah when i was younger a friend from middle school joined a gang.

For initiation, he had to give some kid a buck 50 across his face.

The kid went to our school and snitched out my friend and i havent seen him since...

12. dude, i dont like gangs either, but i still respect KSR as a person. and thats what he demands, respect... that comment was totaly rude of fresca, like really rude. how do you get your jollies from dissin someone who is doing the best they can?

13. Yeah, I agree...He's got my respect for the most part he's a good guy, but gang banging doesn't earn him any respect from me, not that I would call him out for it exactly, I just think it holds too many ppl back from realizing their goals.

14. I live in the burbs and go to a perdominatly white school. It seems like every black kid here has to go around acting hard, dressing like shit, with some colors on. They are mostly skinny kids that couldnt fight there way out of a paper box. And bringing 10-15 of their friends with them because they think its how you go about fighting some one. There are the white kids that just look funny as shit trying to be a "thug" to, but it seems to be more of a black thing in my school. Most people who gang bang would Love to grow up in the comunity these kids at my school do. Sadly to say i only have about 2 black friends because the rest are just tying to be hard and say their in gangs. My self being black(half anyway) have a feeling of shame for the steriotype that these kids reflect of the black race. A little rant but yea good topic. +rep!

15. i know some bangers and they are cool people so for the few on here sayin that bangers are fuck ups you might wanna wait on your opinion until you know em. just about every banger i met is way chill they look out for you you look out for them. yea some of them do some shit but in the end thats what supports their new family. so in reality its people doing everything they can do to help their family out.

but then again punk ass little kids think its cool to bang and they get their asses knocked out or killed. i live in an area where theres mostly latino gangs and the big dogs here kinda let the little kids go cause they know that their no threat they are just bein stupid. but once one of those kids starts sellin in their area etc. shit goes down

16. gangs are not a black thing!!! They affect every color, everybody...and they are everywhere, in urban areas mostly, but definitely not a black thing. Stereotypes are perpetuated by this line of thinking...

17. EXCEPTIONS- and besides that some of the sickest people alive (i.e. murderers, rapists, etc) could be considered "chill" people too if you had a conversation with them and they didn't try to harm you.

18. Yea I know this. I dont think I talked about any other area other than my own. There are No gangs in Roseville Minnesota. But the people that go to My school think there in gangs and Most of these kids are black. What is the reason to joining a gang if you are well off? Not to many people in my school are from lower income homes. Well ill just leave it at that cause I realized the thread was commenting more on the fact gangs today are not what they once were.

19. yeah man..but im really affilated..but im not in a gang personaly not saying alot of my friends arent

20. I come from a well off family in a small nice town in Massachusetts. We have no gangs around here. I am however very intruiged about gang life, its something different that I'm not used to and I love it. It seems like you want what you cant have. Id love to just be invisable in the hood and watch it all the time. I always watch videos about gangs and that shit. I look forward every day to reading KSR's posts.Everyone from the hood, in my opinion, considers money very important so that they can get out of the hood and move into a big house with fancy cars.

I consider KSR to be a very educated man. Probably the only person on this forum who I would actually ask for advice. I feel me and him have very similar points of view and similar logics for situations. I consider myself to be very educated as well, but not because I'm in college. We all learn the most about live from living it, not from reading books. You learn from experiences and mistakes, which me and KSR's were both probably very different. However that doesnt matter, you can learn the same wisdom from anywhere.

While gangs I feel really arent helpfull to society are important to the people in them and around them. Since I've never been to a hood, I can only speak on what I have heard and read. People come from families, like KSR said, where the next genertion tries to do better than the one before them. This inevitbly means since the hood is well..the hood, that you can safely say that KSR's family probably hasnt come from much, money/property wise. Nothing to do with the people themselves. These people are born into these situations, you cant control that. Its easy for a lot of us to say well get a job and go to college etc. For them, its probably not even a thought. Your so worried about staying alive and getting food on the table and a place to live, things a lot of us take for granted. KSR goin to adult ed, I got tons of respect for that. I've typed wayyy too much probably.

In closing KSR, I got plenty of respect for you man,and people like you.