Gaming keyboard?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by VikingToker, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Hey gamers,

I'm out to buy a new keyboard soon (I have a Logitech G11 atm, but I need a second keyboard) - and I've been examining three keyboards.

The Roccat Isku

The Steelseries 7G

The Razer Black Widow Ultimate

Anyone have any experience with any of these three (or can recommend a better one and why) ?

In return, a portrait of a dude holding a jar of piss

[​IMG]

2. #2 PC Gamer, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
    Out of those I would recommend the razr black widow ultimate. Its almost impossible to go wrong with a mechanical keyboard as long as you don't cheap out. It pretty much depends what additional features you would like after that.

I would also recommend checking these out as well and making some comparisons. They all lack a backlit keyboard so if that is a feature you want then go with the razr black widow ultimate.

TT Meka G1: Amazon.com: Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS MEKA G1 Mechanical Professional Gaming Keyboard 1000Hz Polling n-key Rollover KB-MEG005US (Black): Computers & Accessories

Das Keyboard: Amazon.com: DAS KEYBOARD DAS KEYBOARD MODEL S PROFESSIONAL SPORTS HIGH-END MECHANICAL KEY SWITCHES AND A: Electronics

Same as last but 'silent': Amazon.com: DAS KEYBOARD DAS KEYBOARD MODEL S PROFESSIONAL SILENT FEATURES QUIETER MECHANICAL KEY SWITCH: Electronics

Corsair K60: Amazon.com: Corsair Vengeance K60 Performance FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (CH-9000004-NA): Electronics

3. I have the razer black widow regular edition, and I love it. Im not a huge razer fan by any means, but I got mine for $30 after some gift cards.

Definitely get a mechanical keyboard though, I went through 3 dome membrane keyboards in a year before finally buying a mechanical. They are awesome to game on, and they don't wear out nearly as fast. They are a bit noisy though, if that concerns you

4. Ordered a BW yesterday. Noise ain't no thang!

5. [quote name='"VikingToker"']

Ordered a BW yesterday. Noise ain't no thang![/quote]

You'll love it. It may take a day or two to get used to it, but then you'll wonder what you did without one!

6. [​IMG]

mfw using this keyboard

fuckin recommended