Gamestop employees

Discussion in 'General' started by b9n9m9, Oct 10, 2008.

1. does any one wok or have worked at gamestop
    because i was going to apply but it said i would have to undergo drug testing and i was wondering if they only drug test you once to get the job or if the test u more then once while you are working there

2. Im sure they can do random drug testing if they want.

one way to get out of a random test is to say that they are stereotyping you.
    worked for my friend anyway.

He one of those death metal rockers... long hair, all black clothes, all that jazz.

3. i've never met an employee at gamestop who wasn't a stuck up, condescending douche-bag. now maybe its just where i live; but i hate everyone that works at gamestop lol. hopefully the ones at urs are cool. as for DTing, if they do, it will only be an initial one most likely. I mean, even guitar center told me they drug test... haha yea right

4. alright cool man

5. I know this is an old thread, but:

I just had my interview at gamestop today with the district manager. It went very well. He said he'd set me up with a second interview with a manager of a local gamestop (the Babbage's in the local mall, to be specific). He never mentioned anything about a drug test.

So, I have a second interview next week (probably Tuesday or Wednesday) and I'm curious as to whether or not I'm going to be tested. Anyone know how likely it is(preferably current or former gamestop employees)? :confused:

6. in my opinion F#@* gamestop and all their employers. its a sham i tell yah! i brought a brand new copy of fifa 2010 a week after it released and the A-hole gave me an offer of 15 dollars. What kind of establishment is that, they would be selling it for 50+. 30 bucks makes much more sense. but 15 bucks? turned me off to that whole resale of games. and store credit doesn't really differentiate between the cash back. so a brand new game can get me a used copy of Dead Space? I couldn't trade it for MW2, even though it makes logistical sense. :mad: :smoking:

7. They are like a car dealer, you just can't win and you get fist pummeled every time you try.

8. Shit maybe my towns just cool? ha fuck no it's not, but the dudes at gamestop are mad chill here.

Always high too

9. Yeah that whole fucking thing is a big ass scam ure much better off selling that on ebay or craigslist only fools sell games to gamestop..

10. I work for gamestop.

11. Gamestop and Movie Stop down here are dicks...I'm banned from movie stop because after regularly coming there to trade in movies...I forgot my I.D and told the to just use my friends they were like naaah. I was like WTF...They then did...I went back later and found out I'm banned.

12. Man I worked at Gamestop back in 96-97 or so when it was Software Etc.... didn't get drug tested then... though its possible after 13-14 years they've changed their policies...

13. Yea I worked for Gamestop a good 5/6 years ago and I didn't get drug tested.

14. I have been to gamestop high, and it was ok. I like the Smaller ones in neighborhoods, they tend to be staffed with cooler people than the stressed out downtown/mall ones.

P.S. Anyone know what 'hudig' means? I think it's like Swedish slang

15. haha what does that have to do with the thread, man? :)