Games of your childhood.

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by c0nrath, Feb 19, 2009.

1. No offense but wtf is up with your sig, thats very cracker-ish.

On topic:
    Pokemon Fire Red-Emerald
    Sypro
    Crash Bandicoot
    Legend of Zelda

2. #22 What'sThatSmell, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
    Pokemon Red was actually a really addictive RPG.
    Certainly pulled me more into playing RPG's than Final Fantasy did.

But I think it's pretty clear that Goldeneye and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time dominated the first generation of 3D gaming consoles.

3. #23 c0nrath, Feb 20, 2009
    Yeah when I was in kindergarden and first grade, I remember we'd always play on the computers in the class room. We would play Freddi Fish. I just recently found those CDs and played for like 3 hours straight.

Just cause of that, I'm changing that. I was at a party and there was a bandana on the table and I put it on like that. It wasn't meant to be serious. Sorry for the unintentional crackerishness.

4. zero tolerance

[​IMG]

5. Thanksgiving night this year, me and my cousin snuck out into his garage around 11PM and smoked a blunt and came back in and he suggested we play some SNES. He put in this game and it blew my mind; Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball. I don't know if it was me just being really high, or it being an awesome game. I lost 35 to 0 though. I didn't know what the fuck I was doing.

[​IMG]

6. #26 What'sThatSmell, Feb 20, 2009
    Cross County Canada definitely was the most popular game in elementary school at the computer lab or on computers in classrooms.

Its funny because even though it was supposed to be a game about driving around virtual Canada most people just wanted to pick up hitchhikers and see if they'd get robbed or not or they'd do illegal things like put chains on their tires or somehow attempt to crash.
    Education for the win.

[​IMG]

7. Nintento-g.i. joe- duck hunt- mario-wrestlemania
    sega-sonic-robocop-castlevania-awesome posom
    n64-golden eye-super smash brothers-mario-mario cart

8. damn cant believe i forgot all the sick ass star wars games on n64-good times:smoke:

9. Defender and Frogger on the Atari 2600 were my favorites when I was a kid.

During my teens it was Shining Force 1 and 2 and Shadowrun on the Genesis.

10. mario
    gta 3
    state of emergency
    maddddd sega games i cant remember and sega geniesus damn i wish i cud remember a lot of shit i played back in the day :confused:

11. Streets of Rage 2 and Shinobi III Return of the Ninja Master

12. There are a few games that really stick out in my mind, you know those ones you would devote hours of playing to.

Doom (the fucking ORIGINAL, I remember my Dad bringing home a computer from work and this game came on 4 floppy disks and played on a PC that had 8mb of HD space lol. The game played so twitchy it was crazy, but we still played it alllll day)
    Wolf 3d original
    Duck Hunt
    Quake
    Raptor
    Gran Turismo
    Sim City
    Twisted Metal
    Perfect Dark
    Ultima Online
    Diablo II
    Starcraft
    Warcraft II

13. man i spent so much time in 6th-8th grade and again my junior and senior year playing diablo 2 the first period of time being when i didnt smoke and the second when i started smoking. very entertaining game

14. Super Mario World
    Pokemon Red & Gold
    Super Mario RPG
    Megaman X
    Tetris Attack

15. Oh hell yea! Me n a buddy of mine just decided to come back to it, playin old school online. Going through every quest one by one, no rushing. Good times.

16. man i tried to install it again a couple days ago but i dont have one complete set of the discs, i have like 3 diablo 2 games and i need all of the same version, which i dont have... :( oh well i should just get another one its only 20 or maybe i can hold out for D3

17. Yoshi's Island.

18. Haha I think most people can relate to that.
    I spent years upon years on Diablo 2, my dad always wondered why I played that game more than any other but it was hard to explain why its so addicting.
    Played on US WEST Classic realm for about 5 years,
    was thinking about picking up the game again yesterday to see if my account is still active with its pimped out characters (I have literally tried almost every possible character/item combination over the years)

But, I don't want to get addicted again.
    Plus I've spent over $150 on that game easily, I've re-purchased it many, many times for new CDkeys when I get banned for hacking.

19. Driver!
    FF9
    roadrash

Those were my top 3 fav games on ps1.

PS1/n64 is when I became addicted to games. I played nes and snes but I wasn't really into it.

20. lol whatsthatsmell, reinstalled after I heard about Diablo 3 in the works, but havent had much time since because of work and other things. Got a Druid if you wanna play sometime ha