Gamecube

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by furittus, Jun 24, 2014.

1. #1 furittus, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
    Recently I had to sell my xbox one and my games to help pay for necessities. :(
    I had some spare change left over so I decided to head to my local pawnshop.
    I looked around for a bit, digging through the shelves, and quickly shuffling through the items that reaked of desperation sold only to make a quick buck, until I stumbled upon this little silver scratched up cube for forty bucks!
    Looking back to my childhood I remembered quite a bit of my friends owning this system and reminiscing on all the fun we have had!

I also snagged timesplitters2, Eternal Darkness, and Dave Mirra freestyle bmx 2!
    I tell my buddy the good news and he lends me zelda TP, THUG, and a memory card!

I beat the first level of timesplitters twice just to have the game go black after completing the level each time, claiming the disc is dirty. :eek: is there a fullproof disc cleaning technique?

Lastly, what are some Gamecube games that are a MUST buy for owners of the system?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I'm pretty sure they sell disc cleaning solution.  It's worth a shot.  I'm not sure where you can buy it, but try googling it. 

Also, you need to get super smash brothers melee. 

3. ill definitely keep an eye out for the solution! And yes, melee is my next purchase for sure!
    Damn zeldas are like 50 a piece

4. - Super Smash Brothers Melee (Debatably the best in the series so far)

- Mario Kart Double Dash

- Super Mario Sunshine

- Mario Party Series (Amazing when you have friends playing with you)

I'm sure I can think of more, but so far those are the ones off the top of my head

- From the desk of HerbicidalMania

5. spray it down with a can of deodorant and itll work again, preferably axe

6. #6 Hazy Ghost, Jun 24, 2014

Damn that's crazy haha.  I have Zelda Ocarina of Time/Master Quest combo disc, windwaker, and twilight princess.  I guess I'm sitting on a gold mine. :eek: About cleaning the disc, I remember my parents bought a disc cleaner at a music shop several years ago.  It's called SkipDr.  They're like 15 bucks or so from GameStop.

7. Ya man ill have to check it out!
    Ya you should get a good amount for them, I hear majoras mask is also worth a lot and quite rare!

Attempted the cotton ball water technique nintendo claims might work. Third go at the first level lol, not even mad

8. Metroid prime, bomberman!

9. Well... time to invest in a disc cleaner :blink:

Attached Files:

10. #10 donewithweed, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    Any Mario game is quite good for that system. I loved Super Mario Sunshine and Smash Bros Melee. With friends Melee is still the best of the series (closely followed by the original).

Also I use windex on the clear part of the disc and then wipe it off with something super smooth and non-scratchy. Works like a charm, similar I suppose to axe.

11. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

12. #12 Delightfully High, Jun 24, 2014
    Pikmin was my shit when I played gamecube!

13. ill give it a shot, the only problem is that the error message only comes up AFTER completing a level. I've played the first level like 10 times now lol!

14. #14 itsamberscott, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
    I am a GameCube nerd :)
    I have quite the collection of games, and anytime I see a GameCube game I don't have, I MUST buy it! My top picks for GameCube are:
    Mario kart: double dash
    Rampage: total destruction
    007 goldeneye
    Starfox
    Amazing island
    Call of duty
    Sims bustin' out
    Metroid prime
    Wario ware, inc.
    There are a lot of other awesome games for gamecube, I'm just too stoned and lazy to go check out my full collection, so those are just some off the top of my head that I like!
    Also, if all else fails, I know some movie rental stores will clean your scratched discs for you, you just gotta ask around. cheers!

15. Animal crossing
    Ssx or whatever that snowboarding game is

16. #16 itsamberscott, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
    Totally forgot to put animal crossing on my list, that game is the shit! animal crossing was my life for pretty much all of age 14, I remember all the long days I spent in my room playing it. Digging holes, fishing, shaking trees, buying, and selling things. Good times.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404279194.375421.jpg

Not an attempt to rain on your parade but as a heads up don't buy video games from pawn shops/thrift stores the prices are always way off base..

http://www.gamestop.com/gc/consoles/gamecube-system-gamestop-refurbished/36647

20 bucks referb with the 30 day guarantee that it'll work.

Either way for a "Must have" gamecube game check out "Mario the thousand year door" amazing game.

18. ill have to check it out if I can find it :/
    The GC works just fine, they have a good return policy too!

19. Hey dude do you have Donkey Kong Jungle Beat? Try that on Gamecube. Super Monkey Ball 2, Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Door and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time are also good games to try.

20. Resident evil, RE2, RE3, RE:CVX, and especially RE4

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app