Gameboy ROMS on Phone?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Enchanted, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Possible?

If so, how and is their requirements to fill for that?

2. Very possible. Google is your friend, I'm pretty sure there are some rules in place that prevent people from talking about pirated ROMs.

I got GBA and DS emulators on my phone.

Sent from my Samsung GS4 SCH-I545

3. There's emulators for android (listed in the emulators section > android). Performance depends on the emulator you use and the specs of the phone. Some roms don't work on some emulators. It may take some experimentation and it wont be 100 percent perfect sometimes but yeah

4. You guys seen any Ps2 emu's around..?

Blah, this stuff just sounds and looks confusing for me.

5. Yeah man, for android there are a two good ps2 emulators floating around. It is not that hard, and you will get the hang of it. You just need the emulator , that you would like, and your, "legal," image of the game. Sometimes a console bios.

6. Think you can PM me and walk me through it?

7. This thread is making me regret getting an iphone with the unjailbreakable 6.1.3
    I found a very glitchy GBA rom that works on unjailbroken iphones but it's SHIT

8. #10 Fëanor, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
    Yeah you'll have to be patient; it always takes the hackers a while to jailbreak the new versions of the OS.  Remember, Apple thought they were all unjailbreakable until they were jailbroken.

I do miss my SNES emulator with all the Mario games

Guess we'll have to find something to do in the meantime  :hippie:

9. Its your phone. Why cant apple just leave its users alone and let them jailbreak!?

10. I got one from google play called MyBoy from google play for $5... you have to buy if u want save ur game. It never gave me any problems. 1377590236602.jpg 1377590255462.jpg 1377590282325.jpg 1377590347117.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #13 loganLIFTED, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013
    I personally use 'Gameboid'. A simple Google search will lead you in the right direction.:D(Stay A)wake 'N Bake

12. #14 Fëanor, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2013
    Because users will fuck up their shit.

Then they will complain about the phone not working.

To an extent it is true, too.  I have had to help several people who got in over their heads after jailbreaking and screwed up their phones pretty badly.

It is also much less secure to have a jailbroken device.  Everything is running with more permission than required, which is just plain stupid in terms of computer security.  You ALWAYS want to run with the least amount of access possible.

13. Then they can just deny support to people who jailbreak. They don't have to try and prevent it every release of ios

14. Won't work on iPhone but if you have android, go to the play store, download either vgba or gameboid then once you've done so, look online (with your phone) and download the gba bios zip file then unzip it after you've done that, go back on the web and just look for gba roms. Type it in Google or something and it'll give you a list of places to download from. It's a little complicated but if you do everything right, you have access to any gameboy game ever made on your android. I had all the Pokemon games lol but if you have trouble with the process, just look it up on YouTube. Type in something like "how to get gba on android" and there's usually someone with a detailed walk through...good luck, enjoy!

15. #17 GanjaFallout, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2013
    There are a few on Google play for android phones even a Nintendo 64, Mupen I think it was called I played mariokart 64, duke nukem and even orcarina of time tho that game didn't run too well. I had a gba advance and played one of the New pokemon games, I still got my red and yellow, I would that gba advance emulator would be backwards compatable if you wanted some old school gamesLT26i, GrassCity App [​IMG]

16. I love playing game boy colour games on my phone. I'd recommend getting GBCoid if you search it on google you should find an apk download, its not in the play store. I get my roms from coolrom and theres lots to choose from game wise

17. I have a ds emulator on my phone. If you want one its called drastic.