GaMe PlAn & A fEw Q's =-)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dadoc420, Oct 27, 2009.

1. What up guy this is my third or fourth grow. My other grows were small about a oz per grow. This time I want bigger plants & more yeid. I have 5 plants in one gallon pots there all ten days old & nice & healthly. So heres the plan . Veg for another 2 weeks then go 12/12 to sex them. Then transplant The girls into 5 gallon pots & go back to 18/6 till they get big like 2 or 3 feet then flower them out. See I can only fit three 5 gallon pots in the grow space . Any holes in my plan??....

2. By week 5 or 6 of veg you should see preflowers, which will tell you the sex of the plant, so I see no need to go back/forthe from veg to flower schedule...I'd be afraid it would confuse/hermie the plant. Growth might be stunted a bit as well while it adjusts to the schedule flip.

I'd suggest letting them veg out for ~6 weeks/til preflowers pop up, then transplant/flower

3. Yea see it's a floor space issue that makes me want to do this .

4. Gotcha. Do whatever you need to, ya know, I just think it seems somewhat counterproductive to switch schedules like that.

Even if you veg for 6 weeks or so, your plants are still in 1gal pots, right? So floor space is still okay there...it's only a problem when you throw the 5gal in there. I suggested you wait til you see preflowers, then transplant only the females, then flower. The only space issues that arise with vegging longer are within the canopy, but you can LST the plants so they don't interfere with eachother so much.

Other than that, I guess I'm outta ideas..:eek:

5. Thanks for the help .

6. I also say that pre-flowering has been problematic for me in the past to say the least.
    And he's right, if you're planning on vegging for 3 weeks, then flowering for maybe 10 days, then revegging for 5 or 6 weeks, then flowering...

Also, if floor space is an issue like you say then you're not going to be growing many plants anyway. If you're wait for pre-flowers then you have a lot of time to LST, or screen your plants and still get full canopy coverage of your area even if you lose a plant.

I heard of a technique that might help you as it's proven 100% accurate for me thus far. When you look at the bottom of the seed there is a little crater, or indent in the seed husk from where it was once connected to the plant. If this crater is very circular, nearly perfect to perfect then you most likely have a female seed. If the crater is mishapen in any way then it is probably a male. I know it sounds like some back water whootenanny, but it hasn't led me astray, in 20 seedlings I've gotten 19 females, and knew about the one male. Unfortunately, I preflowered 10 seedlings and 2 of them hermed. Its not exact science but its useful.