Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by misha_val, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Okay, I think I'm done with this thread.

protip to the challenged: Not everyone has read the books.

2. Sucks for them?

Interwebz is full of spoilers, don't be salty.

3. I guess they did alright, i expected even less feminine than what they ended up with, but at least they didn't put a bombshell in armor and call it a day.

4. "i am no lady"

:laughing:

5. Haha really dude? I made a vague reference that some unspecified characters may die at some point in the future, if you haven't figured out that people are going to die in this show I don't know what you've been watching...did you think they were all going to get together and start a club and rule the kingdom as one big happy family?

protip: use common sense

6. yea I expected her to be a little uglier too, also expected her to maybe be a little more solid/thick... even though the actor they got to play her is pretty big herself.

A lot of the characters aren't as ugly as I pictured them. Rorge and Biter, and even Tyrion isn't any where close to how ugly he is portrayed in the book. In the book he's more twisted and mishaped, and has different colored eyes.

7. protip to the sensitive: Don't go to a forum and look at a thread that's about a show based on a book/comic. This is a thread about a show based upon a book series..... of course people are going to mention spoilers and talk about the book series. It's just bound to happen. Go take a look at the Walking Dead thread, there's a bunch of spoilers there too.

If you can't handle it, then you're right. You should be done with this thread.

8. I wonder if he'll get to keep his nose...

9. Obviously he will. Couldn't even grow a beard out for season 2 and you think they're gonna lop off half his face? Nah buts its the same reason Daenarys didnt go bald at the end of season 1 and why Cersei probably won't either. Although that shit would be hilarious.

Also on the topic of spoilers; I've always been fine with them, If I CHOOSE to read them then thats my own damn fault. But when you just casually slip in that future Reek is indeed in Stannis possession and hes heading for a Bran weirwood tree with his sister and Alysane, then that's not cool. Why? Because I don't think half the people who've read up to adwd know a chapter from twow is out.

If you did then you would know that *SPOILERS* Roose Boltons plans of having Arnolf Karkstark betray Stannis have gone to shit and he doesnt even know it. Which also begs the question of who wrote Ramsays letter and why.

See? Thats how you discourage tempted eyes. Lol, but seriously we're here to discuss a television show, not the books its based on. Comparisons are inevitable, I know, but thats why I wait til after the episode airs to see what major changes they've made and then discuss them. Bronn as Lord Commander of the City Watch? Yeah I can speculate all day on how his story is going to play out, but honestly; your guess is as good as mine.

Cant wait for any major developments in episode 4, Blaah ahhhh uhhh. Yorens death pose was awesome. He just kneeled there like a boss.

10. Not sure how I feel about the new stuff in the Robb scenes from Episode 4. Pretty sure that addition to the story is unnecessary.

It's just hard for me to understand why you would need to take out something and replace it when the story worked well in the first place. This show is already different than most shows, so I don't wanna hear that "it's for the tv audience" bulls***.

I'm gonna cry if they throw me another weird ass curveball.

11. I guess this is a good reason to be thankful I've never read the books. Story works for me, though I'm not sure how I feel about whatever the hell that was at the end. I can get behind white walkers and dragons. But...well it better be good.

12. yeah, glad i haven't read the books either, people complaining about book to movie etc.

its all okay by me!

and if this show was a woman, it would be the biggest blue ball giving fucking cock tease on the planet...

--------------------------SPOILERS-----------------------------

Stops after the gates open to the city
    Stops after the red lady sharts out a giant shadow ghost skeleton thing
    Stops after they find out Arya is a girl
    Stops after Tyrion uncovers the cousin fucking his sister.
    Doesn't show what happened to the whores

DEVELOP FASTER GOD DAMNIT I WANT TO KNOW MORE

i reallly wanna know what happened to the whores Tyrion sent to the little king

13. I like the additions. I don't know who that girl talking to Robb is supposed to be though which kinda worries me. Joffrey being cruel, and Petyr Baelish kinda being the same way is a good foreshadowing I think. And for sure I thought they would advance the plot a lot faster with this dude having croaked by end of ep4 vs early-mid ep 5.

I can understand not wanting to do the dragons, too costly when you consider they get bigger and its probably gonna seem goofy all CGI. Anyone else notice Pyat Pree in the Thirteen?

And as to the ending of episode four; magic exists in this world, and magic trumps logic making everything easier to digest.

14. ehh, you might have a lot of problems with things that happen in the series then. Magic is creeping back into the world the series is set in, so you'll see more and more magic and weird stuff as time goes on.

15. I'm thinking she is supposed to be Jeyne westerling, but they've changed her name to Talisa for some reason.

16. Except that she doesn't come in on that scene. Also, Jeyne Westerling was never said to be from Volantis.

17. same here dude i hate that shit :mad:

18. yea, she's supposed to be from the west coast of westeros... not volantis...

but honestly who knows what the show is going to do with some characters/plot.

19. Tyrion is such a fucking boss. And Joffery is more fucked in the head than ever.

20. Yeah. Just to clarify, it was only the girl from Volantis part that pissed me off. I guess the producers just couldn't wait any longer to show what Robb is about to do.