Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by misha_val, Jan 9, 2012.

1. So far I haven't even noticed any real distinguishable differences between books Robb and TV Robb. What exactly is it that you like better about the TV Robb?

2. Never read the books, but I'm a big fan of the show. I love the setting, architecture, clothing and armor... It's all really well done!

Edit: as for the Tolkien argument, nothing will ever compare to Middle Earth.

3. Well, in the books Rob actually is a boy. The actor who plays Rob is a lot older than Rob is in the book.

And also, the tv series makes Rob a more likeable character. In the books, Rob isn't a point of view character. So you don't really see or read much about Rob's emotions and personality, and because of that he seems alienated/closed off from the rest of the family.

4. Yes, hes more of a "fill in" character in the books, bland, drab, a bit soulless if you will. I think they have to build his character up in the show to show how he becomes a great king, good king. I heard they're bringing in his Queen this season instead of next season too.

Did they switch the actress for Myrcella? I didn't even notice her last season, Tommen I did.

5. For some reason I missed the part in the book where Cersei threatens Littlefinger. Maybe I need to read A Clash of Kings again.

6. The second episode has been released early.

If your google-fu is decent you will find it very fast.

7. Thanks bro, found it. Hopefully the quality doesn't suck ass.

8. Apparently most of the versions aren't in english so good luck.

I dont think it was supposed to be released early, I think some people in Poland fucked up.

9. while smoking a j I stumbled on a good english link for this episode...had to roll another one. cant believe it leaked early haha

10. I've definitely noticed that the writers are setting up the groundwork to focus on Rob more than they did in the books. He's got this intensity to him that I felt was lacking in the books because of how he was always on the periphery. Even when he was in a scene, it diminished the impact because you'd see or hear about his actions through another person's perspective.

Really liking what they've done so far with that first episode. And like a previous poster said, I don't remember that scene between Cersei and Littlefinger either, but the show has definitely changed some things around and added some new things. Most noticeable for me is how Rosy (whatever the whore's name from Winterfell) has her own segments here and there.

Also loving the way they've stylized the direwolves. It was annoying in season one that they rarely showed the wolves because of the obvious difficulties that come with filming around such an animal. Plus the fact that a direwolf is twice as large as a wolf.

love the stylized CGI of them (and the dragons) though it seemed to my eye that it was a mix of CGI and simply just filming a wolf against a green screen and then matting them into the frame at an increased size.

11. #71 HighSchool, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
    Spot on. Its CGI when its a comparison shot and just a regular wolf in close ups.

Episode 2 was really good, much better than the first. Is this season just ten episodes too? They really gotta condense things then and I can see why they chose to do things differently.

12. thanks for the heads up:hello:

13. Source?

They better not try to add their own shit. I really don't think there are any parts that need to be changed. Sure, some scenes could be left out, but there definitely does not need to be change in the plot.

14. ^ Id rock that shirt.

15. My question is how cinematic do the books get? I've never read them but if a lot of special effects are required it could be costly if the show isn't successful later on for whatever the reason. I don't know, just hazarding a guess :smoke:

16. How come I never heard of this until yesterday? On episode 5 now. Nice show, actors, and cinematography. And boobs, real nice boobs.

17. What they have to realize is the story is epic as a whole. Well, it's not really concluded, but none of the books have yet failed one epicness.

18. hmm the show does make some changes, they are going to change some characters names, lots of little details are changed, some minor characters have been cut out. But from everything I've read they are going to stick to the major plot lines and keep true to most of the books.

The show is just a lot more condensed than the books. It's like the book series on speed. Basically every episode so far covers about 100 pages from the books, sometimes more.

The biggest critisizm I've heard of the first episode in the new season, is that it all went by in a blur for some people, that it went too fast, and people who hadn't read the books had some trouble keeping up. Personally I didn't think it was, but I can understand the criticism. I think they should have had a two hour season premier, instead of just one hour. I mean fans were hyped for the show to come back, hbo had been playing GOT marathons, all the extra behind the scenes shows on hbo, etc. They should have just went for it and made a 2 hour episode.

19. Yeah, so long as they don't make big changes. I was a little annoyed that they changed Asha Greyjoy's name to whatever the fuck it was in Episode 2. I understand that some people can't handle there being and Osha and an Asha, but I don't even know what her name is now.
    Also, I was hoping she would at least look decent. They didn't say she would be so unattractive. And we haven't even seen anything outside the trailers of Brienne.

20. Yara, Yara Greyjoy. Yeah it threw me off too then I remembered reading about name changes like Cleos Frey being whatever Lannister to play up his Lannister lineage and Asha to Yara because it would sound too similar to Osha. Wasn't she butt ugly? I thought they'd pick someone a lil sexier, does really make me wonder about Brienne. And when they showed Jaqen Hagar, Rorge and Biter? Wasn't really feeling it.

Also, I think we should keep episode discussions to the day after they air. I don't think everyone has HBO GO or knows how to torrent like a boss :devious: and I just don't wanna ruin episodes for others.