Gambling

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Psilocybeen, Aug 3, 2012.

1. If money is the root of all evil, what does that make gambling?:confused:

2. well that depends...are you a winning gambler or a losing gambler?

3. The love of money is said to be the root of all evil, so to gamble money to make more of it, sounds like love to me.

4. #4 tHe LoNLy StOnR, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    The relationship between people and money is more like unrequited love - they keep pursuing the money, but their advances are never returned. I just realised that this is a pun ... FUCK YEAH! I'm a genius or at least a idiot savant.

5. I know what you're getting at, but money in general destroys people and societies. Imagine if everyone lived with the same amount of wealth (or poverty), and only our personalities mattered and not our bank accounts.

6. The allure of gambling is a beautiful thing.

7. shit would start getting real niggggaaaa!

8. I've thought about that before, there needs to be a motivation for doing shit or people would sit around like a fatass.

Equal opportunity to wealth would be better than same wealth for everyone-period.

9. how is it any different to working? apart from the obvious that more people make money from working than do from gambling.

i bet on a lot of sports, particularly thoroughbreds, as i find it to be good recreation and generally good fun. i calculated after about 250 bets last year i made a profit of about $400.

everybody needs money, most people work jobs that they don't like to get it, i don't see what's wrong with splashing out a bit of my hard earned on the punt?

obviously, some people end up horribly addicted and blow their lives, but I've very little sympathy for people who allow anything to destroy their lives (being that, that whatever is destroying them is under their power). ultimately, it is up to the individual to choose to love life and not attempt to destroy it and subvert their own happiness through subconscious self destruction.