Gallons of Water per plant

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by JimJones2001, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I'm new to hydroplonics and was thinking about starting a few plants in a very simple system I have been reserching that uses 5 gallon buckets. I am using the buckets becuase my current grow box is set up to use 5 gallon buckets. The buckets sit in cutouts in the floor and I don't really want to change anything. Anyways, with soil I usually put one plant per bucket to ensure root room. Ive been told that even with a hydro set up 1 plant is still recomended per 5 gallon bucket. Is there a ratio of water to plant that I should use as a rule of thumb. Also, if the containers are big enough can you put multiple plants into the same container without negatively effecting the other plants (i.e. smaller growth). I know with my soil plants if I put more than one plant per bucket they don't grow as big. thanks for the help.

2. 1 plant to 1 bucket, 5 gallon buckets are fine,
    have you looked through the DIY threads for rdwc.
    middy

3. I only grow in 3 1/2 gal buckets. And have grown 2 white widows in 1 bucket. yield, just under 4oz dried buds

4. Ive ran one plant per 5 gal bubble bucket, 3/4 full of water, with good results. Does anyone know the recommended amount of water in a 5 gal. bucket, most of my roots were submerged.