??? Gallon Pots

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Elvis, Aug 1, 2005.

1. I was wondering if anyone has ever grown with 1 gallon pots??? I just finished with some in 1 gallon and did not bad, but wondering if they where in 2 gallons if they would have done better???

2. i guess there could be a few variables involved. one gallon pots are pretty small if you are growing bigger plants. if you are flowering them early and keeping them small small pots are ok. how big were your girls. the root systems of most of these plants are fairly extensive and need room to stretch for nutrients. i use five gallon pots and grow the girls to around three to three and a half feet tall. with small pots there is a chance that the roots can actually tangle in each other which restricts growth effecting production and yield. good luck i'm sure more people will be able to help you a little more if you need it.

3. ya the bigger the gallons the more the roots will be allowed to expand, so then it will grow larger. You could always keep it the same size but it would most likely be healthier

4. Well I don't want to use to big of pots cause thats less that I can fit under a light. My last ones where about 2 1\2 feet tall.

5. you could always go with the 3 gallon pots. it sounds like you are keeping them a little shorter than i usually go. keep an eye out for pots that are a little smaller in diameter of the hole but a little taller in height. then you an maximize ground space if you have the room up top. 3gal pots should be perfect. you could do a hydro set up too but that's not my area