Galaxy Note 2

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by FartSmoke, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Just got it. Made the great switch from ios to android and it is amazing. I need advice on how to get used to using android.

2. #2 xpixiex, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2012
    Good for you, man. Good for you.

Well, what do you want to do? The google playstore is where you'll find your apps. Uhm... You can root your android phone to gain the ability to overclock it.

Free wifi tethering with FoxFi, although they are not free anymore.

This is why you should root your phone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=czTkHe7-lXw

3. Definitely root it and remove all the extra apps that come preinstalled. Your phone will be much faster.

4. I don't think someone just getting into the OS should try rooting just yet.

Try customizing some stuff. Download a new launcher or browser, try out some media players, customize your home screens with widgets and folders, check out live wallpapers, set up a Google account if you don't already have one so you can integrate Google services like Now, YouTube, search, drive, Play, etc.

Maybe try your hand at making music or beats? There's demo versions of Caustic (sort of like Reason for computers), G-Stomper drum machine (sample based drum computer with fx chaining), Rd3 hd (a groove box consisting of a drum computer and 2 tb-303 styled synths), Su-Preme MPA (MPC style hip-hop production drum machine), and many others.

Also check out Fleya, Fluid Monkey, and springle when you're toking.

5. Good choice. I have a note 2 as well and it's the best phone ever. I haven't rooted it. In have nova launcher. Stock is fast as hell and I don't need to root it. I just disabled all the at&t bloatware. I wouldn't change a thing about this phone other than the silver bezel gets scratched up easily even with a case but not a big deal since I always have a case on it.

6. I can't wait tell I get mine I'm gonna root at the day I get it .bets hybrid phone out in my opinion.

7. I love this phone so much. Ordered a otterbox defender case for it today. Fuck Apple!

8. Very wise my friend. Cherish it.

If I may make a suggestion. I recommend urinating on your device. You know, mark it as your property. I found that it has kept anyone from requesting to use my device. There was one attempted theft, but when he smelled the phone he handed it back to me in disgust.

9. Naw I decided to shit on it instead

10. Hey man. I got the galaxy note 2 a few weeks ago and have absolutely LOVED it so far.

As others have said root that shit. You can look up a 10 minute youtube totorial how, and it literally unlocks everything. Wireless teathering, the abikity to download p2p torrents, anti add features and more.

The stylus on this thing fucking rocks. I no longer carry a paper and pencil. I find while organizing myself at work the phone is much easier to jot notes down and such.

What you will notice with android, and this ohone especially is there is almost an unlimited ammount of customization to be done. You can set it uo to your personal needs and tastes. Id take a look around the app store and look uo recomended apps on google, just to see what tickles your fancy.

11. Maybe try your hand at making music or beats? There's demo versions of Caustic (sort of like Reason for computers), G-Stomper drum machine (sample based drum computer with fx chaining), Rd3 hd (a groove box consisting of a drum computer and 2 tb-303 styled synths), Su-Preme MPA (MPC style hip-hop production drum machine), and many others.[/QUOTE]

Haha sweet. I have all of these. Add Jasuto to the list.

12. How do you like it? I saw it in the store and that bitch was giant. I ended up with the HTC DNA. its a little bit smaller and hella thin

13. It's incredible. Its big but it is still portable, it fits in my pocket. Not so sure if it will when I get that otterbox defender case on. I really love android. So much more stuff I can do on here and I havent even rooted it. Never thought I would be playing Mario Kart 64 and have uTorrent on my phone. Apple would never allow that shit.

14. The Droid DNA is a fantastic phone from what iv seen as well berry good specs .HTC is Finley back on track after apple tryed to derail them.

15. Hell yea android is the bee's knees. The only thing that made me hesitant to upgrade was the fact that I wouldn't get unlimited data anymore. But I never went over 2 gigs a month except for a couple if times, so I think I'll be good.

I'm really liking it, the screen is massive yet the phone is extremely thin. I had the HTC thunderbolt previous to the DNA, and the DNA is much better. It feels real solid too, as did the Thunderbolt... which I dropped on concrete multiple times without any case or screen protector and it only had minor scratches on the corners of the phone.

16. #16 FartSmoke, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
    I got Need for Speed most wanted, GTA 3, Mario Kart 64, Super smash brothers, and starfox 64. I really want the MOGA gamibg controller for android phones. Games are amazing on the note 2, and ive never really been into games on a mobile device.

I can see myself using this phone for at least 3 or 4 years. It literally has everything I could ever ask for in a phone.

17. I hear ya... I thought the Thunderbolt was the tits, but this DNA is blowing my mind. I can see it lasting me a while.

18. i have to admit the screen on the Note 2 is amazing.
    my co worker just picked up one & i messed around on it...

so vivid.

too bulky for me though.
    but best graphics ive seen on a phone.

19. [quote name='"THERapistJack"']

Hell yea android is the bee's knees. The only thing that made me hesitant to upgrade was the fact that I wouldn't get unlimited data anymore. But I never went over 2 gigs a month except for a couple if times, so I think I'll be good.

I'm really liking it, the screen is massive yet the phone is extremely thin. I had the HTC thunderbolt previous to the DNA, and the DNA is much better. It feels real solid too, as did the Thunderbolt... which I dropped on concrete multiple times without any case or screen protector and it only had minor scratches on the corners of the phone.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat, can't buy a phone at subsidized prices without losing unlimited data. I don't always use a lot, but if I have to I'd prefer not to worry about it.

I average 2-3 gigs or so a month, and thats with a 3G iphone 4S. I used to have an LTE phone, the lg revolution, and I'd use 4-5 without even realizing.

20. Speaking of android...dang my first android was the OG Droid on Verizon. That thing was a tank. But now I have the Galaxy S3 and it's just a bit smaller than the Note II and I like how slim it is compared to my last phone, the Droid Bionic. The Super AMOLED screen, also on the Note II, is truly amazing and movies and games look great, and even better when you root and installs tweaks and stuff...