galaxy nexus or wait?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by justyn93, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Should I get the nexus for Christmas or should iI get something else and buy a different phone later I have the droidx right now

2. I'm in the same boat and I'm just going to pull the trigger on the Nexus. It's got some solid specs, fast camera, solid processor. It's the only phone with Ice Cream Sandwich if you care about that.

It doesn't matter what you get, you'll be unhappy with it in 3 - 6 months. Not only that, but Verizon will have discounted twice and maybe hit it with a Buy-On-Get-One.

3. True there isn't ant point in waiting when ill be disappointed when something eelse new will drop soon enough with them pushing phones out so fast

4. Well the only other phone to rival it would be the S2:

CPU: same

GPU: Nexus' is roughly 2x faster, but at the Nexus' higher res, it evens out with the S2

RAM: same

Camera: 8MP on S2 but most early reports have the Nexus' 5MP with higher pixel depth and therefore similar quality as the S2's

Storage: S2 has 16GB built in and up to 32GB removable, Nexus has 16 - 32GB built in with no removable storage.

Screen: S2 has 480x800 RGB@4.5" = 207ppi

Nexus has 720x1280 RGBG@4.65" = simulated 315ppi but actually about 280ppi(a pentile matrix confuses the pixel count altogether but it's always slightly less pixels than what is stated.)

OS: Nexus has ICS all ready but the S2 is expected to get it when the Nexus drops.

Make your choice......

5. I am not into much of the pocket computers.
    they move TOO damn fast

they move soo fast that to ask the question of "buy now or hold out?" will always proov that holding out is going to be better.

my solution is just to accept that no matter what you buy, you will find something better in the next month or so,
    ANSWER:If your going to be happy with it then Just get it! ... there is always a factory warranty

6. [quote name='"guyverman"']Well the only other phone to rival it would be the S2:

CPU: same

GPU: Nexus' is roughly 2x faster, but at the Nexus' higher res, it evens out with the S2

RAM: same

Camera: 8MP on S2 but most early reports have the Nexus' 5MP with higher pixel depth and therefore similar quality as the S2's

Storage: S2 has 16GB built in and up to 32GB removable, Nexus has 16 - 32GB built in with no removable storage.

Screen: S2 has 480x800 RGB@4.5" = 207ppi

Nexus has 720x1280 RGBG@4.65" = simulated 315ppi but actually about 280ppi(a pentile matrix confuses the pixel count altogether but it's always slightly less pixels than what is stated.)

OS: Nexus has ICS all ready but the S2 is expected to get it when the Nexus drops.

Make your choice......[/quote]

Yeah I'm gonna get the nexus if it comes out on the 8th

7. wait you wont regret it

8. Get it, The only phone that I know of that is coming out that is even going to come close to running like the G-nex is the Samsung galaxy S III. And its not even coming out till late next year. Here is a little chart to help you decide.The only downside to the nexus is that it has no removable[​IMG] memory.