Gaining weight and muscle any help?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by LilLadyGreen, Mar 26, 2013.

1. I am fairly new to working out but I am just so damn tired of being 5' 4' and 92 pounds. I feel sick and weak all the time. I have absolutely no idea as to how to gain muscle and weight all I ever find is stuff to lose weight. The last thing I want at the moment.
    I have read that protein is key and to eat twice the amount? I have began to eat fish and plenty of beef and not so many greens but they are in my diet. I rarely drink and smoke now.
    I used to weigh 120 or so when I was in high school considering I was in sports and actually had a bit of muscle.
    I'm not sure what else to add so if you want to ask any questions please do.
    Thanks if anyone helps me out I appreciate it.

Oh yeah I am a female.

2. CALORIES chicka..... you need them

Calories, protein, and carbs are key to weight gain

Cut down on cardio and lift some weights.... No, you wont get bulky, as girls have much lower levels of the hormone that promotes anabolism (testosterone)

There are several great online sources for you to check out if you're looking to gain a bit of weight. check out the diet and exercise sections on bodybulding.com for a good place to start at....

3. What sports did you play?is it possible to join a team again?

Most girls i know barely eat anything and dont really work out but mantain a low bmi. To gain muscle you must use heavier weights, low reps. Dont overdo the cardio. once you start working out, Make sure you eat a lot so you dont lose even more weight. It's actually easier to eat more once you start working out again.

4. I second that....

I'm able to put back an 700 calorie post workout meal after an intense leg day and not feel full at all....

I like to think it's my body telling me it needs those nutrients to repair the damage I did to my muscles....

5. Eat big to be big! You should look to consume roughly 15 calories per pound of bodyweight. As for protein intake look for a little over 1 gram per pound of bodyweight. Break up your meals into smaller but more often portions as well. 4 to 5 meals per day.

Your intake for macro nutrients should be broken up into 40% protein/40% carbs/ 20% fat

As for resistance training you should try to work out each muscle group twice a week.

Lemme know if you have any other questions and ill try my best to help you out

6. You guys are awesome. Finally I know what to focus on now :) I will check back soon to see if I am able to pack on the weight n muscle

7. I could join like local teams but it cost money. I used to play basketball and volleyball. I currently skateboard too though with friends.

8. Why are you bumping like every random thread?

9. Lol my phones about to die but I'm interested in this subject that way I can look back on it later.. And help op.. Why u care!??
    Is this ur site? Nope!
    Why are you responding ur like doing the same thing. You aren't contributing . You hypocrite.

10. Lmao. Calm down, don't get your panties twisted.

Its called subscribing....?

You just bumped like 40 threads. Makes you look like spam. "Help OP" :laughing:. Go have a smoke, you get angry too easily, all your posts seem very hostile.

11. Very simple. Just try to eat 1 or 2 more well balanced but higher calorie/protein/carbs nutritious meals a day. After a few days you'll see a difference. Oh and some weight training will speed up the process

12. ^^^ Sorry dude, but only 1-2 meals a day is going to cause nothing but fat gain. Your body needs to eat more often than that in order to keep itself out of what is called "Starvation mode". Basically your body holds on to every calorie it consumes as stored fat....

13. Sorry dude why don't you reread my post^^ as an ectomorph I'm living proof that adding one or two meals into your diet will help you pack on the pounds. It's a pretty simple equation for gaining weight. Figure out how many calories you need to consume each day to maintain your weight. Anything that you eat after you meet your basic needs will help you gain muscle. So to make things simple try to plan out three meals a day where you get everything that you need. Now squeeze in 2 more meals in between your 3 meals and your destined for greatness.

14. I gained 5 pounds already and pretty dang sore. :) I have been eating 4 small meals a day and hitting the gym all week!

15. smoke twice as much pot, eat twice as much mcdonalds

16. I second that.

Life is a wicked twisted road

17. 2 meals a day isn't going to put your body in "starvation mode".

18. #19 Clert, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
    You realize starvation mode isn't real. Neither is the fat burning zone for cardio. Do you even human anatomy or logic, damn bro.

OP, to gain weight you eat more calories than you burn. To lose weight you eat less than you burn. That's it. Doesn't matter when you eat them or in how many meals. I often consume my whole amount of calories in a single meal and I'm not in "starvation" mode.

Lift and eat in a caloric surplus = gains

People who don't even lift are giving you ridiculous fake advice in this thread.

19. Op, eat a lot of fish, chicken, turkey, beef, and other meats. You should be consuming a good amount of eggs(try to get free range preferably) the next will just help you with your health, migh not help you put on weight but you'll feel better/ healthier then from there you can keep packing on lean muscle. Cut out all grains if possible, but especially bread. No candy(maybe one in a while, ok) try to limit dairy. Up your fruits and veggies by ALOT. Stick with this along with your regular workout routine and you will see results. Try to eat as clean as possible. Good luck my dude.