GAH! something wrong(pics)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by master_tang7009, Apr 19, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

is this nute burn affecting leaves or does it look like something else? Thanks guys! It's been two weeks since i watered with some MG. Full concentration, it was a mistake, I know. The chlorosis seems to be slowly moving from the lower branches to newer ones. But the newest growth, new branches at pre-existing nodes, are healthy and unaffected. So what's up? Thanks guys!

2. I think it will be OK because the lower leaves will drop off anyway. I does look like nute burn to me because the top leaves look strong. It is a little small to give full strength nutes to. Give it time to recover and cut the nutes in half.

3. this happens to every plant.

4. Hmmm okay, so whats the recommended course of action? Thanks for the help!

5. I'm haveing a similar problem with one of my plants. Just keep an eye on the leaves, watch to see if the problem progrecess and how rapidly. Just water as usual and keep the nuts away for a week or so.

6. Alright well the entire row of bottom leaves are now totally yellow, since those pics last week. I'm beginning to think that its not nute burn as It's been two weeks since MG. Plus, the leaves don't look burned or wilted, just entirely yellow. I'm thinking maybne an N deficency.

7. Alright so I'm thinking that I will water the weaker of the two plants with a 1/4 strength FF tiger bloom solution. If the plant gets better I'll know that the problem was N if it gets worse, I'll flush and assume its just nute burn. Any one have a better ideda? Thanks for any help.

8. I thinking you have to wait this one out. Ya burnt em. It's easy at that age. The effected leafs will die off and hopefully the roots will recover soon. You could try folier feeding. I do that when the roots are stressed and healing. It helps.

9. Hmmm... I had already given them the nutes by the time you posted but they do look better... I suppose only time will tell lol

10. So I checked and the stems are red, which leads me further down the road to a N problem? So maybe i have both nute burn and a N problem? Is this even possible? What should i do? good lord, I've had two grows fail at this point so any help would be appreciated!

11. Did you flush them? Have you used any pesticides on them?

12. I probably havne't flushed them properly. And i have sprayed an organic insecticidal soap around them but never directly. maybe a flush then? they're in 6in pots so how much water does a pot like that hold lol? Thanks guys for all the help!

13. if you burned it and then didnt water for two weeks. your making the problem MUCH worse.

the soil dries and will leave a salty residue from the nutes which will be much stronger than they were previously because all the waters been drained.

you shouldve flushed as soon as you burned em.

dont give them FF nutes and then see if they get worse or better. theres no way plants that young would yellow due to an N deficiency at that age, especially not in miracle grow soil/nutes. so your problem is much more likely to be nuteburn than deficiency. and adding MORE nutes, will just kill them off.

FLUSH. and sloooowly give them FF nutes at low doses. but they dont need anything right now. do it in your watering a few days after flushing.

and you should water more (probably), 2 weeks seems too long. and you can see the sides of your pot there are gaps because the soils dried too much. every 4 or 5 days is good for me.

14. oops, i didn't make that clear, I've been watering regularly but i used MG two weeks ago. I think I'm going to flush tonight, as they need to be watered again. Do you think a gallon per pot is about right? I have no empty pots to see how much water they hold. So thanks!

15. Alright guys, here is the latest round of pics. I had just watered whit PH adjusted filtered water. pH of the water was 6.96.
    Plant 1:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plant 2:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. yo, first thing you need to do is repot these things and chill on the nutes for a bit. new, fresh soil. also, carefully remove one of the plants and see if they are root bound (solid ball of roots at the base of the pot). if so, gently loosen the roots and then repot in a bigger pot. next find a way to check the pH. if its outside of 5.3-6.7 its off, fix that. Once all that is sorted out, let them recover for a few days, watering regularly with minimal or no nutes, they arent huge yet, they shouldnt need it.

17. Alirght, I'll pick up some FFOF asap to transplant but thats not till saturday. My plants seem to have perked up a bit so I bet they'll be fine till I transplant, which I'm gonna do if they are root bound or not! So thanks guys for all the help! Haha, with my luck though, you'll probably be seing me again soon.