Gabapentin + MDMA???

Discussion in 'General' started by StonrReeknHavoc, Mar 7, 2007.

1. I've posted this question other places and asked people I know but absolutely no one has any idea how these two substances interact. I have a lot of these "gabas" under the brand name Neurontin and they provide a great sense of well-being and happiness similar to mdma. There are no physical sensations like mdma except for a slight head buzz and a bit of disorientation like when your a little dizzy and turn to look at something too fast, but they do help with pain. They're great for anxiety too...popped 3 300mg tabs a couple hours before an interview I had been nervous about and walked in there talking and laughing with them like they were my best friends (got hired on the spot too :D).

Back to my question though...has anyone experimented with these and mdma or know anything about how they might interact? Erowid describes gabapentin, 1-(aminomethyl)cyclohexanacetic acid, as being an anticonvulsant/tranquilizer...."Gabapentin is prescribed -- usually in combination with other medications -- for the treatment of seizure disorders, though its anticonvulsant mechanism is not known. It is sometimes prescribed for the management of neuralgia (nerve pain) and has been prescribed off-label for the treatment of mood disorders, anxiety, and tardive dyskinesia (a neurological syndrome caused by the long-term use of neuroleptic drugs)."

2. I'd say ask your doctor...