Gaaaah! I Can't Breathe! (or Why Not To Smoke Squares)

Discussion in 'General' started by Fugee, Oct 21, 2004.

1. I've been a light to moderate square smoker for the past year and a half now and recently I polished off a new pack within 3 days, which is fast for me. I don't consider myself to be addicted yet which is why my packs can last for a long time, but this time after all the squares were gone I started having trouble breathing.

If I'm not outside or a window isn't open inside a small space, my lungs start to burn a little and I feel like I'm not taking in enough oxygen. I have to take deliberate and deep breaths just to get anough oxygen. I'm laying off the square smoking for a while. I still like smoking squares, but if I see such huge negative consequences after only one pack I shudder to think what problems will arise after the packs keep building up?

What's ridiculous is my friend has been smoking longer than me and he's a serious regular smoker. He's in good shape, he can run faster and longer than I ever could and he breathe's fine. Whats up with that? Could it be my body is less tolerant of square smoke than his?

2. whats square

3. a Shitty term for cigarette, bogey, boge, fag, etc... ;)

4. squares are cigs. i think your friend just has better lungs or your lungs don't do too well with smoke.

5. Oh, duh...I forgot that not everyone calls em squares. Yeah it's pretty obvious, a square is a local slang term for a cigarette around here. Not just around here, in a lot of places actually, the word is quite old.

6. everyone around here calls them stogs. i hate that word tho, i just don't like the sound of it

like i tell everyone, don't smoke cigarettes, they are terrrible for you. www.whyquit.com

7. cigs are a waste of money, id rather spend my money on a grow :D

8. dude quit the cigs, they do nothing for you, smoke more pot man.

9. my first cigarette was when i was 16 (peer pressures a bitch) after that i smoked for about a month, i realised how it made me feel like shit and i could just tell i felt different, so i quit. didnt want to do it just to be cool or have some image. after a while i felt better, healthier. when i turned 18 just a few months ago i didnt even care about being able to buy cigarettes, i felt pretty damn good too.

10. ive been smoking the fine herb since i was 13 and my first drag off a cig, was at 15 and i was baked and i didn't like that taste so i have a mental thing that wont let me smokem' even if i wanted to. but i dont so its all good :)

11. i duno man couldnt tell u, im a smoekr 2 but i go through a pack a month, i jsut smoke them after i blaze thats how i control my addiction, a pack is 25 smokes so it adds up to less then a smoke a day yeyeye i like smoking and i dont plan on quittin and its only costing me 10 bucks a month so i dont give a shit

12. around here some people call them cats, but really i've only heard it being said back in high school.. no one calls them that anymore..

13. Yeah Ive been smoking cigs in moderation (from 1 to 3 a day), but im about to quit because its making me feel overall shitty and I sometimes have to take deep breaths to feel im breathing normally too, so yeah fuck cigarettes for awhile.

14. yea thats another thing. i hated the taste of cigarettes, although when was high i couldnt really taste them at all. but yea i got sick of the taste, plus i hated the smell. after smoking one id smell like cigarettes, my hands would smell like them really bad. i didnt like it at all

15. i buy a pack then rip them apart and roll one into three. i've only started doing that a little while ago - i only need a third of a cig to get the headbuzz after i have a session of greens, and that's all i use them for. i buy menthols - they're like dessert.

16. I used to smoke a pack to a pack and a half a day. I finally quit when I got
    tired of paying tobacco executives hundreds of dollars a year to slowly and
    painfully kill me. Now I just stick to the green.

17. Okay Where the hell are you(rethorical don't answer) that you can get a pack of "Squares/cats/stogs" with 25 smokes in em let alone for ten bucks thats a rip off. i get a pack of 20 for 2.50 (AHHHH Love the Camels) Ne way i wish i only smoked a pack a month, shit if were talkin months then im up to ................43 packs a month. Ha that sucks.

Also ive only heard stogs as cigars.

18. I believe Canada has cigarettes in packs of 25. My friend James went up on vacation and brought back a pack of "Players" brand cigarettes. They were the most God-awful things I have ever tasted.

19. Man you shouldn't smoke cigs. I used to and i quit by thinking this to myself. What do you get out of them?? You dont get high so why smoke them?? Answer that.

20. "What do you get out of them?? You dont get high so why smoke them?? Answer that."

I like smoking squares. I like the whole production, I'm accustomed to it. I got my pack, I got my lighter and anytime I want I can relax and puff on some tobacco. It's great when you're drinking, it's great when you're stressed. It's great after a bowl, it's great after a line. Squares are great, I miss them :(