G-Pen

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by denieddd, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Hello everyone.
    I recently bought an original g-pen from a headshop.

I just loaded a bit of lambo budder and took a 5-6 second drag. I checked the cartridge again and the top of the atomizer(?) was empty. I tried again with some green crack wax, and again after one drag, the wax was gone.
    When I hit it, the first drag didn't produce much smoke. However, the second and third hits were pretty thick, BUT when I checked the cartridge after the first drag, there was no budder/wax left whatsoever.
    So how would I be able to tell when I stop hitting concentrate and start inhaling plain vapor? Is there a discernible difference in the taste? Or color of smoke? Because I can't tell if i'm inhaling the budder or plastic.

2. I love my gpen and I use it all the time but one day it stopped working and it started blinking 8 times. I read somewhere that it was from overuse so I let it sit for a while. It was still doing the same thing. So i thought I guess I will charge it but when I screw in to the charger the light is already green. Im starting to think there is something wrong with it. Please help I would appreciate it.

3. When did you buy it?

4. I got it from a friend right before Christmas, but he said he had it for a week before I bought it from him.

5. I also have been using it a lot since I got it too so do u think I just need to replace something

6. I bought the gpen last month and for the first few days i loved it. Then the cartridges started to go. Within 1 week I broke two glass sleeves.

I also purchased the oil nail for it and I was not impressed.

Minimal vapor even when pulling hard for full duration of burn

Overall I would give this product 3 out of 10

7. I bought the Micro. The Micro is much easier to use.

8. I bought a new glass tank and the wiring was shot. The coil didn't heat at all, that poor dab :(

I've contacted Grenco with no response other than the confirmation email. Tis bullshit.

9. Just ordered a portable vape from the company cannastick. It has the functionality to do either dry herbs or wax/oil. I'm from PA and cant find any 710 to save my life. Advice? PM if necessary

10. Do i have to use the glycerin and hash oil mixs from the dispensary?

Or can i use my own bho straight up?

I have this cartridge

[​IMG]

VAPORCONE... lemme know please

11. My g pen just recently started blinking slowly eight times. From what I understand it does this when it is being overused but I wasn't even using it when it started blinking. I'm starting to get frustrated because I've already had to send a battery back to grenco. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong or how I can get this thing to work?

12. Gpen sucks. I had nothing but problems with mine. I went through two plastic carts and a my glass tank don't work either. Even at its best it was unreliable at giving a good hit everytime. I didn't feel too stealthy with it either because I still had to walk away from the crowd to feel.comfortable enough to try getting a decent hit. I could elaborate more but I will end by saying the only reason I will buy a replacement cart for it is to keep it as a novelty so I can show others how it is not worth buying. I thought about selling it but I don't feel right selling this peice of junk to somebody else.

13. I really hope someone comes up with a better product but for now I'll stick with the Gpen. I've liked it since I got it but have had some issues. Like has been stated, you have to prime the damn thing with quite a bit of concentrate before it starts hitting good with either the stock tank or the glass one. I burnt up the original tank in about a week, got the glass one and was about to chunk the thing when it started hitting good. It hit good for about a week and my charger broke. I think they're on the right track, I just hope they don't think they're done.

14. Yeah you can mix veg glycerin/water/bho to make e-liquid. you should check out Gentleman's Brand Vaporizers they have info on it (think its in the blog) - personally use it for all my concentrates. also yes, i owned a gpen and it fucking sucks. honestly a lot of these are the same, so its more about the customer service. i got an ambassador from gentlemans - even tech questions they reply to me super quick. but yeah, i'd personally just recommend getting like their "blueberry eliquid" or something like that , it has no nicotine, and you just blend it up with oil. the more viscous the better. Also, if you hit "max capacity" adding oil, just add more heat, and shake it up more - because once its in that ecig cart or tank, its going to keep getting reheated anyway by the coils or heating element or what have you.

15. I've had multiple gpens and love them, I've had a ti nail tank that has lasted me at least 5 months no issues with heavy use. I also have the micro g which I've had one of the original design tanks die after maybe a month or so, but the replacement tanks are redesigned way better. I haven't tried any other pens but I'd say trippystix would be my second choice, if I didn't love my gpens.

16. I don't believe the gpen can handle any kind of heavy use...there is nothing heavy about the gpen except the price...again they suck

17. I want a vape pen for my oils, wax, whatever. I Don't want to mix my oils with any flavored oil.
    So, I'm looking at the G Pen.
    Do I place the oil in a cartridge or directly into the pen? (A friend had a pen like that). One at the dispensary, you place your stuff directly on the heating element...no thanks! I see trouble for that one already!
    Is the G Pen what I want?
    Thanks!!

18. Very few pens seem to use cartridges now. The gpen you put your oils directly on the heating element. If you are looking for a cartridge pen, check out the omicron. I have a gpen with essential oil tank, and the gpen micro. I love them both.