G-Pen vs Dabbing

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Ronhero, Jul 1, 2012.

1. I use to dab back in the day with a friend who had all the equipment needed. I stopped because he moved and I found it harder to get concentrate where I was living.

I now live in a green state where I can buy wax / bho / etc from the clubs. I want to start dabbing again but I know the cost is very high to start.

I watched a review on a g-pen style portable vaporizer and did some research on them and think they seem to be a good deal. In essence it is just a wick fed skillet right?

I know I might have to take an extra pull or two to get a full dab hit but as far as the effects it should be the same right? I mean your just turning full melt into vapor both ways right?

2. I have used both and dabbed out of like 4k worth of different oil rigs. It takes several hits to take a full dab out of the G-pen (like 4-5). Yeah, it melts the oil that then gets absorbed into the wick and vaped. The highs are a little different, but pretty similar. You have to replace the cartridges on the G-pen occasionally (about 10 $). That being said I hands down prefer to use an oil rig vs the pen (unless you are on the go). There is something enjoyable about torching a nail and taking a fat dab. Just like I would not use my spoon as a daily driver when I have Bongs around.

3. You can get a basic little GonG style bong and a cheap dome w/glass nail for under like $150 if ya search around.

and Ti Nails arent to bad on some websites like ebay and such.

Also Highly Educated (the main maker of quality Ti Nails) is making a Domeless Nail 0.0

Gunna buy one the day they go on sail :smoke:

4. if you do get an oil rig save up to buy the highly educated nail, they are just on another level compared to the other brands of Ti stuff i have used.

5. I know I am going to get a nice glass piece and skillet or nail eventually but right now don't have the budget to drop $200 that I would want to do it right.

The main reason I want to get back into dabbing is one I have always loved it, and two is the club I goto is now selling the same wax i buy in flower form for the same price for a gram....... I didn't believe it till my buddy gave me a dab and I knew instantly it was the same quality, one dab = aprox one joint. 3 joints to the gram of flower vs 30 dabs to a gram of wax.......

6. no problem in starting small, no buys a bong until they had a spoon. start off cheap and easy with the pen

7. you can use an oil burner, they work great and conserves your wax

8. g-pen/hash cigs kind of suck, at least IMO. Super stealthy, but taste and effect really aren't even comparable to an oil dome/skillet.

You can get an oil setup pretty though. Something like this should be less than 100 at a lhs: [​IMG]

Or another option is just basically a glass straw. couldn't find a pic, but they're like 6-8 in long, and have a little spoon on the end. Kinda harsh, but def your cheapest option (less than 20). All you do is heat up the spoon part with a torch then dab your oil on.

9. you could get a healthstone intercooler, he has specials on his fb on Mondays if you are quick, They are a great way to dab surprisingly smooth. I would not go for the cheapest rig you can find, just save up and buy one you are really going to like. if you want to wait you can always just throw a dab on top of a bowl. It does not give you the same bang for your buck, but it gets the job done.

10. dabbers all the way i have used both .. get a dabber piece and everything u need. or u will regret buying the g pen trust ....

11. nahhhh ... this is wax, not meth bro .. :smoking: