Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

G-Pen dry Herb vaporizer

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by themuffinman21, Dec 11, 2013.

1. So I was looking at gpens and wondering if the dry herbal normal one or snoop dogg one would be able to have the dry flower in it and I was also wondering how many hits I could take off dry herb instead of wax/oils before it loses taste and tastes bad! god bless

2. depends on how much you pack. a full bowl can last 5-10 hits, depending on how long you hit it for etc..

snoop's g pen is pretty sweet i would recommend trying it out

3. No Gpens on the market truly vape bud . They will combust the bud though. Until G utilizes an oven style chamber and NOT a coil, you are buying an electric pipe. Gpens will work for oils though. 

4. I heard the snoop one is not that bad for bud.

5. Also is there any under $100 that are good portable small vaporizers besides gpens?

Look up Magic flight Launch Box. It actually vaporizes herb , rather than combusts. The coil (little spiral shaped wire)  is what is causing the combustion. Until they make an OVEN style , like PAX or DaVinci, it will just burn your herb. 

Just because it has a rapper's name on it, does not make it a quality device. The only difference in the snoop version is the sticker they put on the outside of the unit. I feel sorry for people who buy into that kind of stuff. 

7. [quote name="WaxPayne" post="19139536" timestamp="1386721277"]Look up Magic flight Launch Box. It actually vaporizes herb , rather than combusts. The coil (little spiral shaped wire) is what is causing the combustion. Until they make an OVEN style , like PAX or DaVinci, it will just burn your herb. Just because it has a rapper's name on it, does not make it a quality device. The only difference in the snoop version is the sticker they put on the outside of the unit. I feel sorry for people who buy into that kind of stuff. [/quote] So therefore it does not do well with dry herb like it says it's meant to? What's the number one you would recommend

Pen wise, I dont recommend ANY. Most all pens use the coil system to create heat. 

Portable wise I recommend the Arizer Solo,  PAX, Davinci or Magic Flight Launch Box in that order. Those are great and reliable portables that do what they say they do. 

9. Any under $100?

10. [quote name="WaxPayne" post="19139445" timestamp="1386720413"]No Gpens on the market truly vape bud . They will combust the bud though. Until G utilizes an oven style chamber and NOT a coil, you are buying an electric pipe. Gpens will work for oils though. [/quote]
    Grasshopper

11. [quote name="themuffinman21" post="19139609" timestamp="1386722076"]Any under $100?[/quote]Magic Flight Launch Box

12. Atmos raw any good man?

13. snoop's g pen is pretty sweet i would recommend trying it out [​IMG]

14. [quote name="xvmvhmqing" post="19140768" timestamp="1386733907"]snoop's g pen is pretty sweet i would recommend trying it out [​IMG][/quote] so this would work with just the flower or would it combust

15. If it has a rapper's name on it, then it probably isn't a quality device.

My Gpen broke. 710 broke too. I wouldn't say they're cheap, but they're definitely overpriced. I'm buying another one anyway because I love the portability.

16. #17 WaxPayne, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013

You could just buy a Wax- T atomizer then get a Vamo or Innokin SVD that will last you twenty times longer than the Gpen units and work better. Then once experienced you can get into rebuildable atomizers that you set up yourself and last longer and save money since you make the coils instead of buying a new head from a company.

Trust me when I say that I research this stuff on the daily and the "Snoop Gpen" is not going to be anything new at all. If you want to pay somewhere around $100 for something like this, then go with something better.

Here

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10004394/1395801 - Vamo V3 is A LOT more advanced than the Gpen and also more reliable. This kit has the charger and big 18650 battery (which will outlast the Gpens battery by literal days) .  

Now that you have your pen you need a nice attachment. There are many options available, but lets go with something similar to Gpens

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dry-Herb-Atomizer-l-Vaporizer-2-Extra-Heating-Head-l-Vhit-Type-Reload-by-SEEGO-/251370081344?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a86d30c40

or try this one

http://www.gentlemansvapes.com/products/v2-mega-oil-cartridge-holds-1-gram-new

There you have it. An expensive vape pen actually worth the money spent ! Dont be a sucker for a fancy sticker!

For more information, click the first link in my signature (build a better vape pen for less $$) There are a lot of different builds and most all are superior to Gpen, Stok, Cloud, 710, Atmos , Trippystix, etc. etc. The best thing is that theyre also usually cheaper :)

17. ^ thanks for the info!!

18. [quote name="themuffinman21" post="19140354" timestamp="1386729905"]?[/quote]grasshopper

Always a pleasure :)  I'm just a regular person , not a big vendor trying to make a quick buck or create a fake account on GC to advertise a product, I was just sick of the fail rates in the pens and even more sick of seeing the BS advertisements of pens vaporizing when in fact they rely on combustion, or that the pens were "quality" or "original design" when in reality they are nothing more than clones of Ego batteries or similar ecigarettes.

If you smoke and want to quit, congratulations as the Vamo is also an E-cigarette, which is what every pen style vape on the market is.