G Pen Dry Herb Pen

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by DoeDabs, Aug 14, 2014.

1. I saw on youtube a couple days back, gpen finally made a dry herb pen. The video i watched wasnt too informative. I was wondering if any of you guys have gave it a run yet. Ive been considering purchasing it bcus the oven looked much smaller than the pax oven which is really ideal. Anyone have some first hand experience with the new gpen product?

2. Gpen does not vaporize dry herb. It will combust and is a complete waste of money. Hell the gpen is kinda a joke with concentrates to be honest. Stupid overpriced for what it is. You could build the same pen for half the prices...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Agreed.  From using the Gpen and hearing others use it too, it is pure combustion.  It will waste your herb.  Deff not worth what it is selling for

4. I know of the concentrate pen but they released a dry herb pen as well i was wondering how well that worked not the concentrate gpen

That dry herb pen will NOT vaporize dry herb and neither will 99.99% of the pens that are marketed as dry herb vape pens.

6. Alright just making sure. Im not surprised bcus the original gpen was a let diwn imo anyway

7. Im not talking about those snoop dog type pens, im referring to the gpen pro. I watched a video on youtube it does seem to vaporize.

8. #9 POTatato Head, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    Oh you mean the $50 dollar china vaporizer with grencos name slapped on it? probably does a little better job but still shit.

Edit- Also not technically a pen vaporizer either.

9. When i was sayin "pen" i was just sayin completely portable vape like the pax. I dont kno much bout the gpen pro, so i came here seekin help. Instead i get ppl bein childish and bashin shit. I get it. The vape pens dont work. I KNOW THIS. Thats why when i saw the gpen pro it sparked my interest. I was lookin for first hand experience but i dont think i found that. Gsf members are too harsh man fuckcombustion got people who trying to gain knowledge and share knowledge not people just jumpin all over someone over a simple post man. Yall both are legends when it come to vaping just dont let that shit get to yall head. This just a forum after all. Peace

10. If you're referring to the GPRO Vaporizer, not the GPEN cartridge herb pen, then it does not combust like the herb pens do. The Gpro is actually a newly released product (last month I believe), and is a convection style vaporizer. It uses an actual herb chamber, no coils, and works off of hot air when you inhale, similar to other convention style vaporizers. I have a Pax, Davinci Ascent, Solo and MFLB and personally, while I love my solo and always will, this Gpro is pretty amazing. For $100, it works like a charm and i've had no issues with it. Battery life is good, taste is good, and unlike their other herb products which DO combust, the Gpro does not. Its a legit vape, and i'm impressed with it. This is subjective but to me, while the Pax is small and convenient, the price tag is a bit hefty for what you get, and mine already broke on me (yes I clean and lube the mouthpiece as you're supposed to). The Gpro is a steal for what you get. Just my thoughts  :)  Happy Vaping!

11. You know people on here who come asking for help with vape pens and get bashed by the regular community members shouldn't get so defensive over it. I took a look at the GPRO and honestly, theres far better vaporizers out there for 100$ than that, in my opinion. The thing reminds me of a pinnacle pro or something to that nature; imo again too much tech in a 100$ vape which means they probably cut corners some where.

For that price point, I'd go MFLB or Firewood 2.1, but then again thats what worked for me. Also those 2 vapes have good warranties that are backed by the companies that make them, and they do respond. 

Yes, @[member="POTatato Head"] and @[member="lwien"] are 2 very good resources of information on here. The reason they're jumping all over these types of posts is because they're sooo many of them, and everyone in them gets defensive when they try to state why these pen "vapes" suck. 

But then again, if you're not going to take advice from 2 very experienced vaporists who say pen's suck.....  

12. @[member="ren.dnb"] you had some good points. The MFLB is a good starter unit for sure, I just got annoyed with the batteries and whatnot :huh: then again I used it for a while a few years ago before I actually got tired of it. I know Grenco doesn't have the best reputation, but hopefully people who are new to vaping have a good experience with it. I've used a lot of vapes and I surprisingly enjoyed the Gpro, but thats just my opinion. The Grasshopper looks like a promising convention "pen" but last I heard the release date is only partially set. 

13. Ty yes the gpro. In ur experience would u say it uses more or less herb in comparison to thepax? N the members who sit on here should learn its more to life than gfs and some ppl dont have the time to sit and read thru all the posts lol acting like annoyed parents and shit. Funny thing is ive spoke of yall before n yall wasnt all hostel n shit yall need to vape more or purchase some better herb😂

14. People are hostile to the 1 millionth pen vaporizer thread on this forum... damn who would of thought? Next time learn what the vaporizer you are asking questions about is actually called and classified as before you make a thread. Guaranteed you would of got a more positive response if you actually called the vaporizer by its real name...

15. Aside from the previous posts regarding the clarification of pen vs vaporizer, lets focus on the point here shall we? To answer your question @[member="DoeDabs"] , I would say the amounts of herb used for each unit are pretty similar.

While the pax is indeed a neat little unit and loved by many, even me for a while, it soon failed me. Not to mention, I'm not the biggest fan of conduction vapes anyways.

To summarize, the Gpro is great if your looking for something affordable and convenient before investing in something higher priced. A lot of people will be skeptical of any new product before they try them. I was a little worried the Gpro wouldn't be everything I was reading, but look at that, it WAS. I encourage you to try it, and if you're still skeptical, find someone who has one and try theirs. Not everyone will be a fan, but don't knock it till you've tried it. :rolleyes:

16. I have the pax but retired it bcus the oven seemed to take alot if herb so if the gpro is more efficient ill give it a try. I never form an opinion on something unless ive used it so i wont knock it