G.H. Seeds Bubba Kush: Seedling/early veg woes...pics included

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by playboy420, Jul 24, 2010.

1. #1 playboy420, Jul 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2010
    Hello GC:wave:

these ladies been in canna coco since birth, they are up to 400 ppm nutes, thats RO water with Cal/Mg, Rizotonic, A+B. Ph has been my fault at 5.5-5.9. Again my fault. But I dont think I have ph problems other than the shape/twist to the leaves. These are two out of five, the other three look good.

They are under a 6 bulb t5 that is on 18/6 temps at night get lowish probably aroud 68F and during day 85F. RH is 50-60%. They are being hand watered to about 10-15% runoff every 3 days now. In 1 gal pots.

The first few pics (not brown spots) is 4 weeks old, the other plants (brown spots) is 3 weeks. They were just topped two night ago and this happened last night.

Is it over nute? I dont see bugs, I have 30x scope, it kinda looks like thrips on the second smaller plant??

++reps for good, accurate responses

Cheers :smoking:

Attached Files:

• 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      243.2 KB
      Views:
    • 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      204.2 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      249.9 KB
      Views:
    • 019.jpg
      019.jpg
      File size:
      117.1 KB
      Views:
    • 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      163.9 KB
      Views:
    • 021.jpg
      021.jpg
      File size:
      150.1 KB
      Views:
  2. looks like multiple overdose on pics 1-3 but 4-6 look almost like sulfur deficiency. Quoting Mel Thomas "Treat both nutrient overdose and deficiency by flushing the system through with fresh water and changing or adjusting the nutrient solution. Growers using compost solution should leach the soil." if that doesn't work and its some type of virus, id say cut er up and clean your environment. wait for a second or third opinion on the deficiency tho, it could be something else.

3. thanks man I really appriacaite your reply. I have flushed already with 200 ppm water

4. #4 Antigen, Jul 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2010
    It kind of looks like potassium deficiency in a couple of those pictures. If you're giving it K with your ferts, maybe it is being locked out by pH issues? Here's a chart of nutrient availability at different pH levels. Red means that it is locked out at that pH. White is available but not fully available. Use the bottom chart for hydro/soilless grows:

[​IMG]

5. Howdy! :wave: Looks like your medium is toxic, I'd flush 'er really good and keep an eye on them bottom leaves to uncurl. I know you said you flushed her already so I think you are on the right track. If you're using 200ppm then your runoff should be in the 250-300 ppm range. Good luck!