G-13 Haze, Sensi Star, Super Lemon Haze, Blackjack

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Medicinal-Tommy, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Just a couple of pictures, been busy flushing and dealing with some g13 ph issues. Misc pictures not labled, but those of you who are following my grow you will know which is which by now.:wave:

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      852.4 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      688.9 KB
      Views:
    • 017.JPG
      017.JPG
      File size:
      608.9 KB
      Views:
    • 019.JPG
      019.JPG
      File size:
      723.8 KB
      Views:
    • 023.JPG
      023.JPG
      File size:
      683.8 KB
      Views:
    • 025.JPG
      025.JPG
      File size:
      522 KB
      Views:
    • 027.JPG
      027.JPG
      File size:
      773.5 KB
      Views:
    • 030.JPG
      030.JPG
      File size:
      621.4 KB
      Views:
    • 032.JPG
      032.JPG
      File size:
      660.2 KB
      Views:
    • 034.JPG
      034.JPG
      File size:
      785.1 KB
      Views:
  2. #102 Medicinal-Tommy, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
    First off I didnt even need to flush, I just saw some yellowing so I figured having my new R/O water I should go ahead and use it, so I watered away 5 gallons of R/O water per 3 gallon pot, just to vitalize the plants and give them a healthy watering, well it seems like it had a reverse reaction, for instance the plants look a lot worse they are really yellowing now. Almost as bad as the g13 haze. I cannot understand the ph runoff is between 6.5 and 7.0 on all of the plants, so in reality it could be lower, I have only added bloom 2x in the entire flower cycle and it has to be rinsed out by now, I believe my plants are starving for some food. Now my question is, how much should I add, I have the lucas formula nutrients. And Monster Bloom, some cal mag, and that's about it. Any ideas on how much I should add, and what I should raise the ph of my addition. Or should I flush some more, like another 5 gallons per plant then add a nutrient plan after I put in the last gallon of water.

By the way I am including a video, didnt feel like taking pictures. You can hear the depression in my voice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpL6qxqAQgo]YouTube - Mysterious Yellowing?[/ame]

Cant I just flush again tomorrow with 5-9 gallons per pot, and be absolutely positive everything is out of the soil, let every drop drip out, then add some sort of nutrient plan until the end?

By the way on 8-11 the G13 haze went to 12/12
    all the rest were moved into the flower room on 8/31

3. Here is what I did to try to remedy my issues. I chose to on advice from another member to give my girls some food and cal/mag. Since I am using R/O water I have read that cal/mag may be essential to give the girls required necessities.

I fed all my girls 1 full gallon of full strength cal/mag and 1/2 strength bloom nutes. I ph'd up every gallon to 7+. The runoff of all my girls seems to be around 6.5. 1 of the g13 girls seemed to be lower than this, that is the plant that has done nothing. I also put a few tbsp of dolomite lime onto the top of the soil when I watered. This was to try to get a runoff of close to 7.0 but it did not, on my next watering when my girls dry completely out, I am going to water with just R/O and cal/mag, 1tsp per gallon. I will only need to feed a 3 gallon pot 1/2 gallon of water per feeding, they never require more than that without too much runoff. Hopefully I am in the right direction. I am hoping and praying the dolomite keeps my ph up. I tested the ph of the gallon of water with 1/2 strength nutes, and the 1tsp of cal/mag it was around 5.4 so I used quite a bit of ph up to get the gallon jugs over 7.0. I will post some more pics in the next 7 days when I see some hopefully healthier plants.

I am getting my canon rebel xti its the 400d model. I ordered 2 lenses. I only have the stock 18-55mm lense coming so I am not sure if I will be able to take very good macro shots. The macro lense I want 100mm is no less than 500 used. Expensive equipment. But my goal is to get that specific lense to take some amazing cola shots. I should be able to get pics of the hairs and crystals in amazing hd quality.:)

4. #104 smokeynate, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2010
    Looking good Tom! That sucks about the yellow leaves I am having somewhat of the same problem with my big hydro plant I use clearex weather or not it is soil or hydro..Of course the application process is slightly different between the two but I have had success with it in both mediums check it out..

5. I just hope the shit works this time this plant that is having the problems is huge..:mad:

6. Howdy smokeynate.

Welcome, and hey bro I checked out your thread, wowsers some amazing stuff. I'm hella jealous.

I am attaching a few pics with my new camera, I am definitely learning and plus I need a macro lens big time. Out of 35-40 pics I only found about 4 worthy of posting.

And I had to resize them to 50%

Attached Files:

7. Been a few days bro. Anything new on the yellowing? I assume you have added the cal/mag like we talked.

8. Hey Tom...I hope you didnt add that mix to seedlings ? I dont know . :confused:...

9. Yeah bro, it's a hella strong mix. LOL. I'm cool with whatever happens, I am going to let them suck up all the juice then I will make adjustments. For instance if the leaves start to show signs of nutrient burn:D;):p:rolleyes::eek:. Then I will pull out a 1/2 gallon at a time, and add plain R/O water in its place.

10. Straight up dog...they gonna cook like bacon . :eek:

11. Originally Posted by Rumpleforeskin [​IMG]
    Tom, I don't check my PPMs as well. I ju8st do the water add-back and replace.

You can go 50% veg strength nutrients for small clones, but I have had great results going full strength veg solution with anything rooted.

12. It shouldn't take me more than 2-3 days to find out.

13. Yes....on rooted clones ...he's running ww...it can take the nutes ,but his plants are much bigger, they have a much older stalk, leaves , .Tom...that sure looks like a seedling to me . Just trying to help . I sure dont wanna come off as a know it all , but i know damn well how many plants i have flat out fried . I hope Rump responds to the pics you posted on his page . GL

14. Yeah he told me he had good results from anything with roots, I have roots in the solution on all 3 seedlings. No biggie, I totally understand the risk, and I am not sweating it, I was forewarned. I'm not positive in anyway, but I have a great feeling these little seedlings are going to pull through with this full strength nutrient solution.

And like I said if I show some signs of over fertilization I will just reach in a take out 1/2 gallon and replace it with 1/2 gallon of R/O water, that would probably be enough to fix the problem alone.

15. #115 seal62, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
    Ok Tom...thanks for the kind responce . Ive helped alot of growers over the last yr... and some still have a boot up thier arse . :D Goodie i want my shoe back .:wave:This system really does work ...it just takes a while to dial in . Dont focus on numbers...weight...work the quality , they are related. Dont worry about ph too much...being low is way worse than the upper end . I know what alot of ppll say about ph....adust AFTER its in the bucket. I have found that the roots will hold alot on nutes on finishing plants .I have learned with Lucas is that my sht comes out best with out messing with it too much ,less crap in the bucket the better. I'll have to get back to you on some of the products i'm "testing "... It'll be on the grow dvd :cool:

16. Hey buddy thanks a bunch, I always appreciate any help I can get through more experienced growers. I have had so many problems through nutrients in soil, I feel like just giving up on the soil period. However I am stuck without some way to cool the buckets during summer. However if I am to keep doing soil during summer, it is going to be with expensive soil, and plain R/O water. Nutrient lockout has destroyed more than a few of my plants. I have 2 G13 Haze plants on this grow that are total garbage. What a waste.

On the bright side the 3 bubble buckets where I added full strength nutrients they are doing extremely well, no signs of burns. Just healthy plants.

17. Here are a few pics.

Attached Files:

18. Few more pics, still have yellowing. Some ph spots. 2 G13 haze plants are toast, total garbage, maybe next time

Attached Files:

• 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      667.8 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      580 KB
      Views:
    • 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      639 KB
      Views:
    • 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      692.1 KB
      Views:
    • 017.JPG
      017.JPG
      File size:
      260.8 KB
      Views:
    • 020.JPG
      020.JPG
      File size:
      560.6 KB
      Views:
    • 030.JPG
      030.JPG
      File size:
      783.2 KB
      Views:
    • 037.JPG
      037.JPG
      File size:
      870.8 KB
      Views:
    • 038.JPG
      038.JPG
      File size:
      695.7 KB
      Views:
  19. I am starting to learn my camera a little bit, very very hard to find the right settings when you are in a room with HPS lighting. These pictures are close to normal.

Attached Files:

• 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      643.3 KB
      Views:
    • 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      560.4 KB
      Views:
    • 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      655.4 KB
      Views:
    • 017.JPG
      017.JPG
      File size:
      553 KB
      Views:
    • 019.JPG
      019.JPG
      File size:
      485.4 KB
      Views:
    • 021.JPG
      021.JPG
      File size:
      455.6 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      609.7 KB
      Views:
  20. Wow everyone has left my thread, I feel totally deserted. I topped a few strains today on some plants I have vegging, The 3 that I have in my bubble buckets are just dominating the plants in soil, the only difference is I had to replant my soil plants.

The strains that I topped today were Hawaiian Snow, Great White Shark, and Church.

Attached Files:

• 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      807.4 KB
      Views:
    • 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      676.3 KB
      Views:
    • 029.JPG