G-13 Haze, Sensi Star, Super Lemon Haze, Blackjack

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Medicinal-Tommy, Aug 21, 2010.

1. I went to my local hydro store and bought a Hanna stick meter. I only paid like 25.00 for it and it works fine. I think the model is a 600, not sure it is in the garage so I can't get to it now as my lights are off

2. looks like it can process 75 gallons a day, or something like that. The problem is the family is going to want to use it for cooking and drinking now, so I will have to share, as long as it can fill that little tank several times a day I should be ok. But I am going to have to have it under the sink, not attached to a garden hose where I usually fill my 55 gallon drum. I would just be able to take the 55 gallon drum out of the mix, and just water what I can during the day as the little tank fills up.

3. #63 Medicinal-Tommy, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2010
  4. [quote name='tommyarmour']looks like it can process 75 gallons a day, or something like that. The problem is the family is going to want to use it for cooking and drinking now, so I will have to share, as long as it can fill that little tank several times a day I should be ok. But I am going to have to have it under the sink, not attached to a garden hose where I usually fill my 55 gallon drum. I would just be able to take the 55 gallon drum out of the mix, and just water what I can during the day as the little tank fills up.[/QUOTE

You sound convinced, go for it!!!!!!:D

5. TDS.. Total Disolved Solids PPM Parts Per Million one in the same. Why didn't you just replace the PH probe on that meter?

One more post and I hit 200:hello:

6. Lol, that meter is specifically designed to sit in a reservoir for a ebb and flow system not good for taking tons of different readings in different places. The ph meter I just got, has a flat probe, nice for taking very small sample readings on mere spills and such. Its way better for testing different surfaces, and runoffs right in the planter.

My goal is to alleviate testing runoff all together and just test what I am putting in the soil.

7. My goal is to alleviate testing runoff all together and just test what I am putting in the soil.[/QUOTE]

I guess I am pretty lucky. After moving in and testing my water and finding it good I did the checks, in and out, for the last 2 weeks of June. I haven't checked ANYTHING on my outdoor soil grow since. I've tried to see just how much ferts they can take and ended up at 3x the rec amt and not a single leaf burned.

My hydro grow I put water in every day, normally they need feeding once a week so that is the only time I use either meter on them.

To tell the truth my plants are just about the only thing that is going good in life right now. LOL

BTW where you located?

8. I guess I am pretty lucky. After moving in and testing my water and finding it good I did the checks, in and out, for the last 2 weeks of June. I haven't checked ANYTHING on my outdoor soil grow since. I've tried to see just how much ferts they can take and ended up at 3x the rec amt and not a single leaf burned.

My hydro grow I put water in every day, normally they need feeding once a week so that is the only time I use either meter on them.

To tell the truth my plants are just about the only thing that is going good in life right now. LOL

BTW where you located?[/QUOTE]

Northern Central Oregon

9. This is what I wrote the people who sell this water system.

Dear oceanicwatersystems7,

I am wanting to purchase one of your systems, what I want to do, is run a garden hose into the system, then use a 55 gallon drum as the storage tank vs the 2.5gallon one included with the system. Is this possible? I am also considering purchasing one for under the sink in mt kitchen as well. But my primary goal is to go from a garden hose to your system to a 55 gallon water storage drum. Can you help me order what I need to make this happen.

10. Ok somehow I posted my final results and they didnt show up,

After I fully calibrated my PPM(TDS) meter this is my results.

My Tap water is 210PPM (21x10 on my control wizard 24/7)
    My Tap water is 8.12 PH (using the extech ph100 fully calibrated)

So is the water filtration system going to be my only answer? Is a PPM of 210 HARD WATER?

Do I need to test anything else or is my water simply screwed up?

11. 210 is at the lower end of what is concidered hard but what the meter can't tell you is how muchof that is Cal or mag and they will lock out your nutes in high enough concentrations

12. mine at my old place was 340 here it is 115

13. this would be a lot quicker and easier on an IM service

14. Only one I use is gtalk. tommyarmour@gmail.com

15. Nice idea while it lasted . I only use yahoo IM

16. North Central Or. Kinda sounds like the Baker area.. Been there a couple times way back doing some gold mining

17. Whats your yahoo username or id?

18. Yo! I know your researching some other systems, but what I have is a GE 2.5 gallon system similiar to the ones you have been looking at. I got it at Home Depot, it's been a few years but I think it was around $200-300? It works awesome, just wish the tank was bigger. I currently have 7 plants in flowering, and sometimes I have to wait for the tank to fill after watering 4 plants. It's not that big of a deal, but I usually will fill up a gallon jug or two the night before to be sure I have enough water in the morning. I think you can buy an extra tank and link them up? Whatever you get it will be MUCH better then tap water, with the setup you have I'm guessing you will see a huge difference. One thing to consider with RO is you will need to replace the membranes periodically. If you buy a off brand it might be harder to find cartridges and they might cost more. The one I have is similiar to this:

GE Profile Reverse Osmosis Filtration System - PXRQ15F at The Home Depot

You mentioned you have Cal Mag but don't know when to use it, I was told to use it with every feeding. Cal Mag helps the plant transport nutrients, so you use it in conjunction with your base nutes. I always use between 300-400ppm for Cal Mag, then either use bloom or veg nutes depending on the timing. I start out with about 700PPM base nutes and work my way up to 1000 over a few weeks so the plant wont get nute burn. With the bloom nutes, I start out with 100ppm of bloom nutes on top of that and work my way up to 200, I remember now, (since I just smoked) that I use Kool Bloom, good stuff! My schedule during flowering is alternating between water/floranectar and Nutes/floranectar, I never give them plain water. Last week only water/floranectar after a flush. It might sound like I'm over feeding but so far so good! Fly the plant is what I was taught... ;)

Don't know what kind of PPM meter I have, I'm outta town right now. My plants are in someone elses hands...Miss my girls already!

19. I am thinking about picking this up today.

Kent 60GPD Hi-S Maxxima RO/DI Deluxe

Here are some pictures of my newly harvested LSD plant. I chopped it down last night. I checked the trichs about 70 percent cloudy, and 20 percent clear, and 10 percent amber. However there was a long storm going through my area, about 4 days of straight rain. Not worth it too me to wait it out, and deal with rain and mold.

By the way guys thanks alot, just when I thought my head was big enough from my last 2 successful grows. I get totally schooled about water. I have always been open ears to all suggestions, and I just figured I had it down enough. You never have it all down. All along I thought I might of been getting old nutrients. lol

Not sure what was wrong but I tried to upload the normal 10 pictures resized, then 5, then 4, then 3, then I just gave up and made 2 pictures really small and uploaded those. Sorry about that.

Attached Files:

• 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      251.8 KB
      Views:
    • 018.JPG
      018.JPG
      File size:
      154.9 KB
      Views:
  20. You always leave your plants whole to dry? I do individual branches myself