FYI on DIY 8=====D ~ ~~~

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by danktank 420, Feb 17, 2012.

1. I am all for DIY, but sometimes it's just easier and cheaper to fork over the Mula!

I spent about $30 bucks in building material for my carbon filter and another $17 bucks for 2 containers of activated carbon. and still need one more to top off.

I could have just purchased this one for $50!

http://www.maxtool.com/Agricultural/products/VS400CF.asp?gclid=CLitrKCt6q0CFSgEQAodrB-y4A

Any input on this?

2. give a man a fish or teach a man to fish?

3. #4 Nookies, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2012
    As it is true. Generally DIY projects consist of shit you already have laying around the house. My grandfather is real big on saving leftover stuff. Any leftover screws, spare parts, butter tubs, those big ass ice cream tubs,etc.

Take for instance the DIY bubble bucket. I would much rather tack on an extra 5-10 bucks for convenience and neat/professional work. Like the DIY bubble bucket on this board. For a few bucks more I could just order the pre-built ones and have it shipped to my door.

But spending an extra 50-75 bucks on a professional cloning thingy when you can make one far more cheaper is a completely different story

4. There are some things that can be done better and/or cheaper DIY'n it. A carbon filter is not one...