Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

FX change over time?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Maurice, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Hey I've been smoking daily ever since high school and all along older cats would tell me and my buddies, "Someday you're gonna reach a point where the high changes, and getting stoned as much as you do won't be the same as it used to" and we always laughed at them for it and would say shit like "chill out man, you used to smoke more than me at our age why you going soft" but now that I'm getting older I'm starting to see what they mean....

I used to get high and get more relaxed, good vibes were amplified and bad vibes made me giggle. If anything I was better at communicating nonverbally and connecting with people as well as myself.

Lately however I feel like I end up getting extremely withdrawn when i smoke and just worrying about loose ends in my life or moving the ball forward. Once I get a little high I don't want to chat and joke around these days, all I want to do is sleep off the high or try to do something to better myself. Now I don't live like a burnout, I'm a 20 year old kid on full scholarship at a good school, full time job, passionate about my hobbies and seem to enjoy a healthy mix of friends, work and school but all of a sudden my brain feels like it's turning on me. Whenever I get high (which used to be all day every day, now maybe once a day) I get anxious or withdrawn around people and can't carry out a normal conversation.

I've always been introverted but I've never been shy or awkward during conversations i'm interested in so this is killing me, I literally feel like I'm becoming autistic. Most of my friends and roommates smoke weed all day every day so I'm confused that I haven't noticed the same changes in them or at least not as strongly

Anyone else noticed this kind of problem or others? I honestly hope it's the weed doing this to me cause even though smoking is a huge part of my life, stopping cold or just smoking once in a while seems like a really simple fix given the magnitude of the problem.

2. When i read this i thought you were like 40 until i read that you said "i'm 20" imo it seems like you are still a little young to get those feelings.