Future's Manifesto Scribed by Atoms

Discussion in 'Politics' started by reveryyoke, Nov 17, 2010.

1. If there is one thing I can guarantee we will all agree on, is that our society, our goverment, our culture is oh so flawed. Everyday consists of mass ammounts of doublethink, we contradict ourselves at every turn. We understand bad actions that our taking place in the world, yet we choose to not act. Why should we, why make life hard for ourselves. But i'm not here to point out the obvious. What I am here for, is to discuss what is the perfect world. What is our utopia?

Here are some of my idea's

-Country borders are dissolved, we live in a one nation world, where everyone is equal and recieves equal rights.
    -A new economic system must be implemented, one which does not so heavily feed the rich, but share the wealth amongst the world's population
    -The old concept of, for there to be rich there must be poor, for example Western society and the 3rd World, I think is dying, with innovations in technology, explotation for resources and labour should dissappear.
    -The human population should be restricted to certain areas of the globe. Huge mega cities capable of housing astronomical ammounts of people comfortably. Asides from these cities the rest of the earth can go back to its natural state before humanity start to wreck havoc.
    -Obviously life in a megacity seams fairly dystopian. But let me explain, with new modes of transport, say a vechicle capable of flying, high speeds and large distances, computer controlled to get rid of human error. the countryside, the real countryside will be at the fingertips of any person.
    -We must embrace progress in all the fields of technology. I am a hundred percent confident, as are some of the greatest minds in the world, that we humans, are not far off evolving ourselves, whether through genetic engineering or artifical intelligence, being the main routes. When this happens humanity will be in for one hell of a spirtual awakening, aswell as technology no longer progressing diagonally but a far more upright, straight line.

The future is going to be indescribable aswell as being viciously unforseeable. All I know is I cannot wait to witness it, unfold before my eyes. I just hope we don't destroy ourselves before we reach this point, which I fear for any intelligent being going throught this turbulant period, it is more probable then not. So basically, you all know what train you need to keep on its tracks and if you don't mind, it could use a push from behind. And hey, who knows, we all may live forever or create our own lifeform. Hmm i've definately heard of something similar.

Well anyway to summarise my writing, heres my favourite quote
    Bill Hicks - "Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather."

2. Easier said than done, eh? :cool:

3. Most definitely easier said then done.

4. Ok dude i was just thinking about this the other day

It started when i was thinking about the currency wars and political turmoil currently going on right now and it got me thinking about why there is so much fighting

really i comes down to one thing: resources.

that got me thinking about what a world would be like if we didn't have to worry about energy, food, water, etc... and i think someday technologies could lead us to that point.

so what would that world look like where we get free energy from cold fusion, unlimited water from advanced seawater filtration techniques, and unlimited amounts of food from farming on other planets and having instantaneous space travel.

all this is hypothetical of course but if we lived in a world where for various reasons everything could be produced in massive quantities for basically free. In that world communism would work.

so all that got me thinking about what living in this world would be like. if you didnt have to worry about anything and ALL humans were brought up equally and given an advanced education the human race could devote itself entirely to knowledge

5. I realize this is a kind of old thread, but I have some time on my hands, so I examined each of the original points. By the way, I would love to live in your system, it's just that I don't think anything like it will ever happen.

Who will be the leader of this country? And won't it be hard to run a country in which hundreds of different languages are spoken? Also, this requires governments to contribute all of their money to one central pot; 1st world countries will be "paying in" proportionally larger shares per capital than 3rd world countries will and richer states would never agree to this.

Americans aren't willing to give up capitalism, and besides, communism-type systems have never really worked on a large scale.

As far as I know, the "core-periphery" model is still applicable and shows no sign of changing. Some respected geographers do think that what your saying will happen though; this idea might actually become a reality.

This would be cool, but the billions of homeowners who live on restricted land will be hugely pissed.

I don't actually know what you're talking about, but in regard to evolution, humans are evolving as we speak.

6. dude it wont work no matter how good it sounds it will never work.... human nature doesnt allow everyone to be equal, thats called communism and its never worked if doctors get paid the same amount of money as garbage men then why even bother be a doctor, incentives are lost, and people will stop working hard because whether they do a shitty job or a good one then they get paid the same amount. I wish your way would work however human nature doesn't allow it to... thats just the facts