Future of Pandora's box

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Volcano South, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thank fuckin god...

I think discussion of psychedelics should be allowed... As MJ is a psychedelic... And psychedelics do not carry the health risks associated with drugs like heroin and cocaine.

2. Poppy seeds are just as natural as any other plant/fungi.

3. IDK, .. .. Somethings go far out there, .. Drinking Any form of a cough syrup ingredient, .. or the entire thing is something I just will never do. .. Hence, I understand why others wish ta talk about how ***HIGH *** they got last night, n, .. simply from the medicine cabinet.

I am also not here ta be, anyone's Judge.

So, .. .. what do I think, .. lol ..

I think it should be banished, .. and get more Growers, .. Growing in harmony .. .. :smoke:

4. Even "synthetic" psychedelics are extracted from natural sources. LSD comes from ergot, and MDMA comes from sarsaparilla.

Opium grows naturally, and requires no processing (other than collecting the goo and letting it dry).

My point being that just because something is natural, doesn't mean it's safe. Opium, belladonna, and datura are all natural... But they can quite easily kill you if you OD...

The whole original point of PB was so that we could talk about kinky ass sex shit, and other taboo topics... PB was never supposed to be the 'other drug' box...

Where do you think the people on GC are getting their information? The internet. Those seeking information are just as capable of running a search on Google, as they are of searching Pandora's Box on GC... Are they not?

5. Yes, but opium is also highly addictive. Mushrooms, DMT containing plants, LSA and LSD, peyote, and pretty much anything else conceived under the umbrella term "entheogen" are non-addictive and virtually harmless, given proper set and setting.

6. There's a lot of good points in here so I'm going to expand on mine.

Yes, this is Grasscity, but it's also stated that this is a counter-culture community, NOT a cannabis community. The 'hardcore' drugs are part of that counter-culture whether you wish to accept it or not. I'll certainly agree with anyone who says that the box has gotten out of hand with certain threads, but there's no denying that it's also done some good for people in terms of informing them or giving them an outlet for their thoughts (Jamtastic for example).

Psychedelics should stay in the box in my opinion as I'd say they are one of the drugs that require the most information for new users. More than just dosage new users need to know about attitude, setting and their surroundings before taking the drug which is unique to them (from what I know, correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd like to see the box stay as it is and instead have more moderating and/or stricter punishment for those who break the rules, but I guess that decision has already been made.

That's all I can think of for now, perhaps I'll update this later.

7. Even then, the Box was littered with tons of misinformation concerning things like DPH and DXM. Every single day somebody would post some dangerous bullshit about these 2 substances, despite the fact that their safety issues are well attested to all over the Net.

I even asked that a DXM thread be deleted altogether because of the amount of dangerous information contained therein.

I think if people want information concerning drugs which have true health risks, they should garner that information on their own...not trust what some stoner has to say as the be-all, end-all.

Maybe this change will inspire some of the wreckless drug users we have here to actually go out and research what they're putting into their bodies.

8. That's true, but to each his own. No?

9. Of course, but they can get information concerning opium from somewhere else ;)

10. I leave for an hour to watch a TV show and this fucking thread expands two-fold :eek:

What decision has been made? When will it be implemented?

11. #91 Unclenugs, May 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
    yeah, GC comes up under a lot of google searches. It's a compilation of thousands of people's views and research. I tend to (and I know I'm not the only one) trust info that has been confirmed by hundreds of people, from all over the world more than an article, written by a single person. That's why the forums of GC are the correct place to openly discuss MJ, as well as having info on other drugs available from first-hand sources.

*edit* Guess I'm just beating my point to death. I really don't care all that much... I don't do drugs, I just smoke pot.

12. WERD!

Dude I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone on here give out bad advice... And I'm not talkin somethin that's just gonna make a person feel kinda crappy for a few hours... I'm talking shit that would have KILLED someone, had they taken the advice... And then when I'd try to provide the correct information, the fucker who gave out the bad advice would sit there and argue with me saying I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I'm so glad it's not gonna be on GC, anymore.

13. #93 Cameron8679, May 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
    Get the fuck outta here. Really? Sigh.

The only forum I even go to anymore is pandora's box. With this retarded new rule implemented disallowing the discussion of certain drugs, I probably won't even come to grasscity anymore, which is a goddamned shame as far as I'm concerned; what once used to be my favorite forum is slowly disintegrating into something with too much moderation and too many bullshit rules.

Fuck this.

edit: waaaaaaaaaaaaah. neg-repping me because you don't like what I have to say? pussies.

14. Yep exactly, that's why we need stricter moderation at the very least. For instance I read a thread today about someone who wanted to take LSD and then go skydiving. There were many-a-posts supporting this idea and, in my opinion, they should all be removed. Doing this is a great way to get yourself arrested, injured or killed. Not to mention endangering the life of your tandem partner.

Pure silliness.

15. For sure man. It got to the point where I wouldn't even visit the Box anymore, because trying to correct all the dangerous misinformation was starting to put me in a bad mood. I reported everything I could, but in all honesty I don't want to sit around reporting posts all day whenever I'm on GC...and the Box lent itself to that tenfold.

There are some members on here that, even when you'd let them know they were passing along dangerous or blatantly false information, and you requested sources for their horrible information, would just toss out -reps and be done with the thread. I mean come on.

I'm as glad as you are man :wave:

16. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

:wave:

I hear that man.

Maybe all the junkies will go somewhere else, and stop bringing so much drama to GC... That's not what this place is all about... Never was, never will be...

This is me right now:

:yay: :hello: :yay: :hello: :yay:

:gc_rocks:

17. no offense sir.. but if axing the talk of all other drugs reduces the amount of posts like yours, then i'm all for it.

18. this post says a lot to me.

cottons as a moderator would argue to the death for keeping any drug discussion alive in the box. The fact that he feels this way tells me that there's a definite problem in there.

19. Agreed.

20. I'm up for banning discussion of physically addictive drugs. Seen the damage done, it doesn't belong here, there are other sites for that shit.

This is GRASS CITY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.