Future Of Hip-hop

Discussion in 'General' started by KeepSmokinReefa, Jul 10, 2007.

1. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

<embed width="425" height="350" src="http://static.videoegg.com/videoegg/loader.swf" FlashVars="bgColor=FFFFFF&file=http://download.videoegg.com/gid329/cid1124/IY/AP/1176338973yGcG0APr9yeiE6TTypaz&autoPlay=false&forcePlay=false&logo=&allowFullscreen=true" quality="high" allowScriptAccess="always" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" scale="noscale"wmode="window" name="VE_Player" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
    Watch More Videos       Uploaded by www.bebo.com/Simply-Unique08\

2. omfg.... what a peice of shit that was terrible -8/10, and tupac was the one that gets shot:rolleyes::confused:

3. the worst part is that in a month it will be all the next big hit on the radio, played twice an hour every hour until it dies

4. My friends, truer words have never been spoken.

Hip hop as we know it will never be the same, ever. EPMD, Gang Starr, Pac, Wu, Scarface, The Pharcyde, Pete Rock, N.W.A, De La Soul, just to name a very, very few out of a whole bunch of shit. Not saying that all of those artists are done, just saying it's not the same. Sucks that we had that shit, and this comes around calling itself Hip Hop, when it is in fact single handedly destroying the music, the mind power, and the culture that is (or was) Hip Hop.

The Underground though, there is a future there. Most of it is dope as fuck, let's just hope they stick to what they are doing, keep the culture, keep the thinking, and most importantly, the music.

I could go on for days, but lets keep it at that.

Peace.

5. lol its fucking hilarios

i got the whole industry broken down.....

catchy 3, 4 or maybe 5 word phrases with a twisty beat = money money $$

its really saddening tho for the artists becuz i dont care how much money you makin some of this shit str8 up kills peoples reputation...studio gangstas and they use these phrases becuz its catered for teenage GIRLS! the young white girls and boys of america are paying these people...i use races because well shit its the honest truth....

6. I"d slap that motherfucker if he lived in my town. No really if that gets on the radio I'm gonna fucking freak. Hip-hop has gotten bad. In early 2006 it was running good with New York and Georgia and Florida shit. Now its Texas shit, they got it poppin.

7. YAH BITCH YAH!!!!

Haha, that shit is funny.

It's a joke right?

......right?

8. People listen to that shit? Its a shame that is considered "hip hop".

9. Holy shit. What a fucking disappointment. Good thing there are still a lot of rappers doing their thing out there, holding it down for the movement. I still have faith.

10. ZULU!!! the nation is the future. De la soul, A tribe called quest, WU, Living legends

11. If Hip-Hop should die before I wake
    I put an extended clip inside of my AK
    Roll to every station, Murder the DJ

Nas said it best.

12. wow.. i thought the yah bitch was a parody at first.. and justttt wonderin.. do you know where this guy is from

i sadly think hes from around me cause they play another song by him on the radio all the time on the radio and its terrible -- "i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes i got me some bapes i got i got i got me some bapes "... thats the song

13. This is my first post in a LONG time and i'm postin in this thread cause i love hip-hop so much

All that shit that's playin on the radio now a days is some fucked up party rock for the clubs big label corporate cheezy bullshit. It is NOT hip-hop

Listen to Knowledge Reign Supreme HE is hip-hop, The Fuggees, Mos Def, Gang Starr, EPMD, Tribe, De la, J-Live the list goes on, and on, and on

I'm so disapointed with some of the music comin out today

Rap is what you do, Hip hop is what you LIVE

14. HAHA! YAAAH BIITCH! That was boss fo sure. I couldnt stopped laughing..oh and btw, that beat buuuumps

15. wasnt this guy like top of the charts at soundclick? wtf?>
    BOYCOTT Radio hip hop that garbage cannot stand!

16. Damn straight! De La Soul and Tribe are two of my all time favorites.

17. Everyone should check out 7L, Esoteric, Celph Titled, Jedi Mind Tricks and Apathy. Some really good underground stuff.

This line from All Out War by Celph Titled and Lyrical Commission made me think of this thread..

"We from a long last planet where rap is real, still intact and untapped by the mass appeal market"

18. Definitely garbage southern rap [and I support southern rap to the fullest], but its amateur shit, no need to worry.

19. Yeah sounds just like all the mainstream shit to me

You make a drum line thats oversimplified with a hi hat triplet every 4 bars, accentuate the bass drum hits with a huge sub drop and play a little synth diddy and your midi keyboard and youre almost done. Whats left? Stupid catchphrases and nearly nonsensical lyrics.

Heres hoping Madvillain and shit gets bigger... so disappointed with todays "HOT" producers...

20. You just gave me a good chuckle KSR.

Get out my face hoe, get out my face hoe. lolololol. roflcopter