fusion

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by libido09, Feb 7, 2005.

1. anyone listen to fusion? the sounds of jazz, funk, r&b, and rock all mixed together,... gotta love it

Just started listening to guys like herbie hancock, weather report/jaco pastorius, and bela fleck. Got bored with all the classic stoner rock and needed something new to cultivate my ears. Thinking about looking into getting "bitches brew" by miles davis which aparently kicked off this whole genre. Anyone have this album and recommend it?

2. fusion is pretty kick-ass.

3. Oh yeah I love it. If you want to try on something a little more recent. This band Schleigho tears it up on their album, Continent. Very much in the same vein of Headhunters.

[​IMG]

4. yea, if its anything like head hunters i'd like to check it out. Today i just got finished transcribing headhunters by ear on bass. A lot of great grooves on that album.

5. Jazz is where it's fuckin at. Jazz and bud go together quite well.

I also recomend listening to some Big Band if you can, some lively shit and a nice jazz cigarette go together nicely.