Funny things pets do

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Raseri, Oct 27, 2010.

1. #1 Raseri, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
    Haven't seen a thread like this and searched for one. Most people who've got a pet
    have seen it do something funny and this thread is for your stories.

About half an hour ago, I was hanging out with my dog and new kitten I got last week.
    My dog is a 50-60 pound Chow Chow and my kitten can't be more than 4 pounds.
    So I was just sitting there scratching my dog's ears and the kitten decides he wants to
    scratch the dog too by latching onto his back leg while scratching and biting.
    Dog gives a hard kick, sends the kitten flying and lands with a roll.

I haven't laughed that hard in days. He immediately got back up and started jumping
    around my dog, who gave him a look like, "You're going to get it later." My dog puts
    up with the kitten's shenanigans for now, but when he's fully grown, he's going to get
    tackled.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes, my dog will be looking at something while walking and then turn his
    head and smack his nose on something, usually the pantry door because he likes to
    watch me cook and follows me to the garbage which is right next to the pantry and
    doesn't pay attention to his surroundings. That's usually pretty funny because he
    makes a snorting noise and then looks angry for a little while.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's also hilarious to watch those moments where my dog runs around the house
    and growls playfully. Since he can't circle the living room on the floor, he jumps
    across the furniture to do it (pretty impressive, with his size and lack of space)
    and when he runs in the kitchen, he slides into stuff. Sometimes runs
    up and latches onto one of my legs, which makes me fall and starts
    biting me like when you see a police dog take someone down.

He also attacks if you lay on the ground and twitch and flail. I really hope I don't
    ever develop epilepsy or anything that causes convulsions while he's alive
    because that shit hurts.
    I have dozens of funny pet stories but don't remember any more right now.
    Time for a morning walk with my dog. Wish I had a joint to bring with us. :(

Edit 2 hours later: FFFFFUUUUU- he's covered in burrs from a walk in the woods.
    Time to spend the rest of the day picking them out. It's the tiny ones.

2. Cant talk about getting pets high here. I would omit those parts if you dont want this thread to be shut down. Also, please be considerate, we know and are prepared for the fact that we are ingesting mind altering substances. A dog doesnt understand what is happening to him/her and you have no idea if this can be scary for the dog. Dont get your pets high.

3. ^ True, but you can tell a lot about a dog by looking at it, and it clearly seemed to enjoy itself.

My boxer pup likes to jump around like a jack rabbit every time I get her food bowl. She does everything like a goof. I love her though.

4. Missed/forgot the part in the rules about getting pets stoned. Thanks for telling me.

5. my cat is such a weirdo and i love him...lol he gets into these moods sometimes where he'll be running top speed around the house and i mean TOP speed slipping and sliding all over the hardwood smashing into things ect well god forbid you get too close or catch him--he will instantly fall to the ground push his ears straight back stair at you with some crazy eyes and proceed to scratch the shit out of his front legs with his hind legs lol not hurting himself just looking extremely weird then randoomly he'll get up again and bolt :bolt:

6. I think it's hilarious when pets get scared/startled.

7. My hamster shits all over me whenever I try play with him, if that counts

8. My dog hops onto the rugs in the house when he's running around and acting all playful, its like theirs some pit of lava between him and the rug. He gets quite some distance too.

9. My Cat, Diesel, has over affection spasms late at night to the point where he sits on my head and licks my hair.

10. My dog sounds like chewbacca when he gets really excited. He'll also put a bone on the floor and roll on it on his back. I think he's trying to scratch/rub his back. Hes a black lab/shepherd mix, weighs 50 pounds, and thinks he's a lap dog. He falls asleep on me when I'm on the couch all the time.

Don't even get me started on our cats...

11. my cat gets terrified when it sees something it's never seen before and gets all puffy, it's also terrified of sinks, yet it drinks out of the toilet, and yes i've gotten into the habit of referring to my cat as 'it' it is a she though, i just think it's cute thinking of her as 'it'

12. I don't have any pets but my friend has a King Charles terrier and he's the funniest pet ever. He has huge bug eyes that are practically on the side of his head, he runs sideways for some reason, and he has to lick everything. If you try to pet him he just slobbers all over your arm. We love him though he's like our best friend.

Sometimes he misjudges his body weight and he'll sit on the edge of the couch and just slide off. Or if he's standing on his hind legs he'll tip over backwards.

13. i dont have a pet but its funny as hell to watch my friends dogs shuffle across the floor to wipe their ass on the carpet

14. my dog watches tv on the couch in an upright position.
    my friends dog thinks cocaine is a treat so he acts like a fiend when you say it

15. whenever i pretend to throw a stick in the yard, then my dog looks in the yard to see if its there, then come back, he give me a look like "wtf man". and whenever we're playing bucket (hes got an old 5 gallon bucket he chases around the yard) he gets this smiley look to his face and acts like a puppy even though hes around 7 years old. can't think of any more right now, ill post later.