Funky leave and bugs???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shredhead5150, Nov 26, 2017.

1. My leaves are turning a wierd color and I see itty bitty bugs. Any suggestions on fixing this. I'm so close I'd hate to lose it now...grrrr..

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. The leaves changing color is natural. Could be genetics,
    could be cold temps at night. No big deal.

The bugs are Spider Mites. Never had them, so I don't
    know how to get rid of them in flower.

I mix Neem Cake into my soil before planting. About
    a cup in a five gallon container, well blended,.
    It keeps them away.

Too late for that now. Maybe Neem Oil?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. You got more than one nutrient deficiency going on there

Leaves changing color to purple COULD be genetic, but it could be potassium deficiency.

Fan leaves are curling at the tips making a “claw” that’s nitrogen toxicity.

What strain is it? What’s your light and feeding schedule? Have you seen black spots/ holes in fan leaves? What nutrients do you use?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Durbin poison. 12/12. Haven't seen any black holes. I use fox fsrm ocean soil. I been using this nutrient. Every other watering. And about half of what it recommends to be safe.

[​IMG]

5. I see some webbing from the mites. At this point it might be too late

6. Spider mites not much u can do in flower there a bitch 2 get rid of during veg

7. If you're careful and spray at lights out with a pump sprayer and a wand you can knock them back to finish your plants.

I recommend General Hydroponics Exile. It's approved for organic vegetables up to harvest. You still have to be very careful to not treat them too much and not overspray. It's very easy to get budrot.

If you don't do anything they will kill those plants in a few weeks and completely ruin your harvest. If you've reached the point of webs you are very far along into an infection.

The other thing you can do if it's warm enough is take them outside once a day and spray the bugs off the plant. It won't get all of them and new ones will hatch but if you can keep them on the run a little it will keep them from completely taking over and ruining your flowers.

You're going to want to take down your entire grow and clean everything very carefully with bleach to make sure they don't come back next crop. They can be very hard to get rid of. I ended up killing my plants this summer and cloning them to get rid of the mites. I kept my grow down for 2 months to clean and make sure when I set up again I didn't have them. It's now been about 9 weeks since setting up again and no mites to be seen.

Do not take these bugs lightly. If you have seeds to start over you probably don't even want to bother saving anything. It will increase the chance that one will make it to the next grow. They are so persistent. Some people fight them for years and they keep coming back. They make the grow twice as much work and ruin the results.

8. I'd be hesitant spraying anything on your buds...

There's a difference between a veggie that your going to wash and eat vs a plant your going to light on fire and breath in...

Co2, LED, Sealed 4x4 picture grow journal

9. I had mites in my outdoor grow last summer I used mighty wash for about 4 times 3 days apart then let them finish the last 2 weeks on their own . They claim mighty wash can be used all the way to harvest . I also did a bud wash once we cut them down . It came out decent , seemed to be lacking a bit in smell and flavor , but I don't know if that was because of the mites , the mighty wash or the bud wash but it left me with smokable bud

10. I agree but you can also wash buds. If you do nothing your whole crop will be ruined by these bastards. The sprays dissipate over the course of finishing and curing. I've been smoking buds I treated for months.

One good spray of the exile will knock them out for a good 4-5 days until more hatch. If you hit them twice within 4-5 days you'll get the new hatched ones too. Then just try to finish them off, wash the buds if you want. It sure beats plants that are being fed on so heavily they can die and webs all over your colas.

11. I also used mighty wash. I killed all the mites on my clones with mighty wash and SNS 217c.

12. Thanks for help guys. I read somewhere ladybugs will kill them? Anyone tried that?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Ladybugs won't take care of them for you. I've seen other users try and I followed up asking about them since I was curious too.

14. Not sure if this thread is still active --- just curious how you like the General Hydroponics Exile as a 3-in-1 treatment. Trying a few different mixes as preventatives and have been interested in this product. Would love to hear you opinion on it / if you're still using it.

15. I only used for my one spider mite infection. It's quite effective but it does require multiple applications. I used that and mighty wash to eliminate mites from my clones and it was good at doing that but fully eliminating mites from large indoor plants is sort of impossible. IMO. I tried hard.

16. LOoks close to harvest bro might just be leaves times up. With the bugs man just pick up an insectercide from your plantstore One like this man. Or being close to harvest you may wat a home made remedy, somethng without chemicals. Looks dope bro !!

Attached Files: