Fungus

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Nugz626, Mar 20, 2018.

1. "You will have better luck using LC to innoculate some sawdust that's been sterilized in a pressure cooker. Get autoclavable bags w a filter patch. 'noc it up w a syringe right through the patch."

"Yep. it was an old syringe that was iffy so I just shot up a bunch of compost and tossed it on bed."

Looks like there's some magic lovers here....
    I've been toying with this idea for awhile: pasteurizing the living portion of the 1:1:1 base mix (compost and peat), then innoculating it with EM1 and some endo - and mixing the perlite and meals/minerals in and letting it sit for a week...anyone try it? I want to experiment if tipping the scales in favor of beneficials would make any measurable difference in health/yield/potency. The tough thing would be pasteurizing that amount of bulk.....

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2. there is a guy on ig @swnugget that does that and he nocks it up with cubes. then top dresses his beds with it.

3. That sounds interesting. I wonder how you would know if it was colonized?! Never thought about trying to reproduce Endo or ecto. Let us know how it works out,!

4. I think the endo needs plant roots to grow due to its symbiotic nature. I'm not sure the sterilizing the soil, and then inoculating is really a step forward. I would just inoculate some fast growing seeds and run them in the soil instead. If you do go the sterilizing route, I have done it in the oven with the big turkey cooking bags (this was for portobella shroom medium), it keeps the horrible smell out of the oven.
    interesting thoughts though
    cheers
    os