Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fungus in the hand held.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by mvprockstar, May 14, 2012.

1. Ok so I have a 85$ hand pipe that got left outside during the storm on friday. H-Town people know what I'm talking about. So I go over the next day and pick it up turn it side ways and water pours out. So I'm thinking fungus, or bacteria or somethin. I've used hydrogen peroxide with salt and boiled it for 30 minutes afterwards. ( 28 gauge glass ). Is it safe to use yet I guess is the question I'm hoping to be answered.

2. Should be, although I'd use some more cleaning alcohol on it one more time.

3. Does it need to be completely free of all burnt plant material that was exposed to the rain water?

4. With all that, you're fine. If it was only left out overnight all you really had to do was dry it...unless you left it in a filthy puddle.

5. As said above, it's safe. I would however like to point out you really shouldn't be boiling glass pieces. You're setting yourself up to break a piece that means a lot to you some day. Alcohol and some salt, that's all you ever need.

6. Yeah it was wack all around Houston, I give you the green light.

7. Id use iso instead of hydrogen peroxide. if you did all that, you should be good. Post a pic of it, an 80 dollar dry piece must be dope

8. #8 mvprockstar, May 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
    [​IMG]

It's name is Nubz (Nuhbz).

[​IMG]

And I can bang this on concrete without it breaking.

9. that's a really nice piece although looks a bit smaller to what I prefer! :p

10. #10 mvprockstar, May 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
    ehh 14 mm thick glass. Its hard to beat. Plus when you use a grinder and pack it you can get .9 in it. You think I could have just soaked it in green clean for a couple of days? Or would that not kill bacteria or mold?

11. boil it or use iso. those are your 2 best options

12. I really don't see the problem, it was just water. I have water in my bong. When I go fishing I just use river water. How dirty is it where you live that rain water worries you?

13. what? its stagnant rain water, and such place is great for mold and shit to grow.

leaving bong water for long enough will do the same thing, why do you think people wash their pieces and change water??? :smoke:

ISO and salt and you are fine. ISO kills like 99.9% of all bacteria

14. [quote name='"Jumbo"']

what? its stagnant rain water, and such place is great for mold and shit to grow.

leaving bong water for long enough will do the same thing, why do you think people wash their pieces and change water??? :smoke:

ISO and salt and you are fine. ISO kills like 99.9% of all bacteria[/quote]

He said overnight. That means it was a few hours. It was not stagnant. Nothing will grow in that period and all he needs to do is dry it off. I swear some people just need to settle down. Everything wont kill you and there's not a rapist behind every corner.

15. Unless you're in prison :smoke:

16. damn...and there I was just hoping to get laid somehow..:p