Fungus Gnats

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by weed related username, Jan 2, 2017.

1. I purchased 2 packs of mosquito dunks for a fungus gnat problem and I'm wondering what is the best method to use the dunks?

2. Toss one in the watering can and crush one to dust with pliers and sprinkle a pinch or 2 under each plant.. The next watering will carry the bacterium into the soil..
    A fan at soil level will help discourage them as the adults are not very good fliers..
    BNW

3. Thanks for the reply.
    I have a few fans going and yellow sticky tape to monitor the amount of adults flying around and there is still quite a bit of them
    How long does the dunk need to soak in the water?

4. I just leave one in the water pail until it's gone then toss in a new one.. Overnight is enough to treat and start to see results on a 30 gallon can or pond of water if I remember from reading the data sheet years ago as far as mosquito larva in water and the fungal gnat larva should be just as susceptible in the same length of time.. It was about a week all told before I stopped seeing any of them..
    BNW